Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best and Worst Albion Player You Ever Saw

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
As per some others here

Best: Lawrensen (Although Steve Foster is my hero)
Worst: Neal (But I do hold a fondness for Simon Royce, if only for the display at Brentford where we got a 4-0 pasting and he was really, really shit)

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Best: Anthony Knockaert.

Worst: Jamie Moralee. Too busy shagging Daniela Westbrook around that time to put much effort in.

Invicta

NSC Patreon
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Richard Tiltman, Mark Farrington,Billy Paynter and the players from Man City in the first Amex season who was slightly worse than the other one that came with him !

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Vicente, Lawrenson, Horton - Farrington, Darren Hughes, and of course Daniel Webb - signed by Peter Taylor because he was his mate's son. But all he did was get in Bobby Zamora's way.

Last edited:

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
When I read the title of this thread, I instinctively thought "Mahoney-Johnson" at Priestfield (worst obviously) and Jimmy Collins (best) - most of you won't remember him !
Having said that, it is all about certain performances. I've read through all the names quoted in the nine pages and can see strong cases for the likes of Ward, Lawrenson, Zamora, Kit Napier, Vicente etc. I didn't think that some of the "worst" were that bad at times eg McPhee, Gatting, Moralee - they did score some goals in relatively poor sides.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
players from Man City in the first Amex season who was slightly worse than the other one that came with him !

You mean Gai Assulin? He wasn't great but a long way from the worst player we've had. He's no way a Dave Cameron.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here