Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Support Acts At Concerts

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Ride supporting The Soup Dragons - Zap 7th Nov 89
Dinosaur Jnr, My Bloody Valentine & Blur supporting Jesus & Mary Chain - Brighton Centre 1/04/92
Radiohead supporting FRank N Walters - East Wing 20/09/92
Autechre supporting Eat Static - East Wing 25/5/94
Spiralhead supporting Eat Static - Event 17/12/94
We Were Promised Jetpacks supporting The Twilight Sad 2009
Friendo supporting Cold Pumas - Hope June 2011

And many more

East Static! that is band that conjures up a few memories (although not of their music, i might have to dig through the vinyl)

Red Rival

Mar 15, 2011
Silvercoast Portugal
Back in !980 I saw The Cure supporting Susie and the Banshees at The Gaulmont in Southampton, just after Boys Don't Cry. Two of the Banshees had walked out on the eve of the tour so Robert Smith and the drummer returned to the stage playing for the head-line act as well as the support.

Might explain why The Cure were so impressive or why S and the B weren't I guess.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
The rage a support act at the top rank! headline act pulled out so they let everyone in for free and the rage were great! lead singer covered in claret by the end! even forgot who the headline act were:moo:

The Rage! Are you talking about the mod band from the mid 80s - made up of a few members of Long Tall Shorty? They used to do a great cover of The Angelic Upstarts 'England' and were effing brilliant live.
As for mine, well we once had a band called Oasis support Whiteout at The Forum here in TW. That's not bad is it.........

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Saw Extreme supporting Bryan Adams at Wembley, Extreme were quality.

Also saw 808 State supporting Madness at The Centre in the early 90's. They went down like a lead balloon with the majority of the crowd but I thought they were brilliant.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
The ones i can remember now:
Queen supporting Mott the Hoople
Police (and Generation X) supporting Chelsea
U2 supporting Echo & the Bunnymen

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Also saw 808 State supporting Madness at The Centre in the early 90's. They went down like a lead balloon with the majority of the crowd but I thought they were brilliant.

Also remember seeing Carter USM support Madness at Brighton Centre around the Post Historic years. Never saw Madness as only went to see Carter.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
[MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]

Darius Rucker is playing Shepherd's Bush Empire on the 18th of November.

Ticket info to be released next week. :thumbsup:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
[MENTION=13265]Super Steve Earle[/MENTION]

Darius Rucker is playing Shepherd's Bush Empire on the 18th of November.

Ticket info to be released next week. :thumbsup:

Thanks Frutos. Enjoyed him supporting Brad and so did Mrs Earle. Just bought a couple of standing tickets for Michael Nesmith at Hove Town Hall for September. Doing a career retrospective, so presumably from the Monkees through his country stuff with the First National Band and some later solo stuff.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Thanks Frutos. Enjoyed him supporting Brad and so did Mrs Earle. Just bought a couple of standing tickets for Michael Nesmith at Hove Town Hall for September. Doing a career retrospective, so presumably from the Monkees through his country stuff with the First National Band and some later solo stuff.

My wife saw Michael Nesmith at Stagecoach last weekend, said he was absolutely dire. Dont get your hopes up! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here