Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite part of London ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Borough Market, and the proper 'old City' and pubs like the Jampot and Red Lion. Anywhere with a good view of the river too - London Bridge, Westminster Bridge.......

taz

Feb 18, 2015
Petticoat lane spitterfields and brick lane for a curry, pint in the blind beggar, Jack the ripper tour round Whitechapel, propper east end !!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tower Hamlets and anywhere that's been evacuated for Brighton the second that group of progressive middle class liberals realised that little Milo would be growing up next to a crack den.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Chiswick, you can get on the M4 is a couple of minutes and get away from the place as fast as possible.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Petticoat lane spitterfields and brick lane for a curry, pint in the blind beggar, Jack the ripper tour round Whitechapel, propper east end !!!

Hardly proper East End like Canning Town Beckton East Ham etc. They are only just outside of the City of London. Not what I would class as the East End.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Shepherds Bush used to be my favourite place in London and I still have a flat there but the longer I spend away the less it resembles the place I grew up in, Richmond is nice though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Hardly proper East End like Canning Town Beckton East Ham etc. They are only just outside of the City of London. Not what I would class as the East End.

adjacent to the the City is the proper East End. those places you mention are simply east London, they where Essex until 1965.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
South Bank.

Lived in Clapham for years but now is a weird West End South of the River where people go to be sick at the weekend.

I love the common though, particular the vast middle bit with no trees oddly.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Camden Town. I still love it even though it's changed a lot since I left.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I've lived in London for 28 years and never tire of the place.

My favourite area is probably around Bloomsbury/Euston area. Some cracking "off the
beaten track" pubs and great restaurants.

Although London Bridge area is a close second.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Stoke Newington/Dalston, only because I used to live there.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Rubbish, Canning Town and beckon aren't even in the east end , which finishes at bow fly over, no matter how much they'd like to be.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Pimlico.

Discovered it because my sister-in-law lived there before emigrating, so we'd visit her on any trips to London.

Has a village-like quality, even though it's only a short bus or tube ride from Chelsea to the West and Leicester Square/Covent Garden to the North.

Plenty of good restaurants, pubs, wine bars and second-hand clothes/book shops, a great little street-market on Saturdays, and the people are really friendly.

Me and Mrs Peteinblack have a couple of mini-breaks in London each year, one in the summer and one a couple of weeks before Christmas, and always base ourselves in Pimlico.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I like where I work in St Pancras and it was such a dump when we first moved there 16 years ago. There is so much contrast in a small area; Bloomsbury on one side of Euston Rd, very quiet areas to the north like Chalton St and the Pancras churchyard; streets full of people just off the Eurostar by the station and new places opening up all the time. .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here