Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Would you vote for bombing ISIS in Syria?

Would you vote for bombing ISIS in Syria?

• Total voters

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Would you vote for bombing ISIS in Syria?.

YES....BUT.... NOT IN HASTE

Bombing in and of itself will achieve little, It must and can only be part of a multi faceted approach.

The first part is to decide who or what could replace IS in Syria assuming they could be removed, and for that there are many competing and directly opposing interests from the larger client states fighting a a proxy war ......Russia and Iran backing Assad, US/Saudi backing rebels, US backing Kurds, Turkey fighting Kurds etc. A resolution for the what happens next must be agreed by all those with vested interests to address any vaccum.

Huge resource needs to go into representations with the moderate majority Islamic communities in Western countries, to understand and seek to eliminate fundamentalism from within our own shores. Education/Understanding causes/financial rewards for shopping radicals. The trojan horse within our borders, who willingly go to Syria, needs to be addressed.

Internationally, secret services organisations must have a fairly good idea of the intricacies of IS, who is funding/backing IS, both Individuals and countries. These must be made clear and swift far reaching action taken against those who support or profit from the illicit activities of this death cult. If that means breaking diplomatic relations, so be it. They must be starved of all forms of Oxygen and we must be prepared to suffer diplomatic losses if that's what it takes to stand against this sick scourge to humanity.

Embargoes/trade sanctions - Public naming and shaming, freezing of accounts, international arrest warrants etc.

Then if co-ordinated bombing of IS military command and control centres in Syria is needed, it should be as part of a co-ordinated strategy with others that also has within in, some form of grand coalition ground troop capability as this and only this will finally end their hegemony over Syria.

For any that advocate peace, they are simply deluded, there is and never will be peace with Islamic state, Islam or 'al-silm' means submission, and just like the moors of old, they are not interested in political settlement, they actually believe they are God ordained with a duty to destroy the non Islamic world and its non muslim infadels and make the world submit to their perverted versions of Islam by the sword or die. They will die for that, they will kill you if you dont submit to that and they will not be stopped unless they are stopped. IS is already a very powerful, barbaric and ruthless organisation intent on destruction of our civilisation as we know it. They are only limited right now by the what weaponary they can acquire, not by morals or desire. They will do or use anything they can to destroy you or I or others like us. Burying the head in the sand will not make this go away, nor will it ever lead to peace, it will delay the day the problem gets nearer to you than Paris and will result in many more barbaric deaths in Syria and more global terrorist atrocities. Chamberlain was proven wrong and so will Corbyn be.

That said the time for bombing Syria is not Wednesday, this is the time for the world to unite in purpose against IS and all who support them, resolve issues, plan carefully and then together eradicate each and every one of them who would destroy innocent humanity without mercy.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I'm guessing you're wrong.

Really? Then on an individual level they would have no sense of self preservation which is unlikely there not all committed suicide bombers after all. As an organisation which you are probably referring to you would need to believe their propaganda or analysis that suggests they welcome foreign intervention to fuel their cause.

Does any group trying to establish total control and domination over an area really want it's enemies to have complete air superiority? They would have rolled into Baghdad but Airstrikes slowed them down while the Iraqi army re discovered a spine.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
No.
Indiscriminate bombing achieves nothing but kills innocent people

Targeted strikes on individuals based on intelligence (a la Jihadi John) by all means.

Spend money instead on rooting out the home grown terrorists and those who radicalise them and let the politicians focus on how to redefine Human Rights laws to protect their victims and not the perpetrators

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Who?I repeat, I have heard no one of any gravitas suggest this.
Being pedantic, unless you've got one of those reader things that blind people use with computers, you wouldn't have heard anyone suggesting this, it is true.

On a more serious note, anyone who thinks a political solution that doesn't involve ISIS is possible is living in cloud cuckoo land. Which brings me back to my original point, which nobody has been able to answer. What kind of political solution will satisfy the death cult that is ISIS?
The deathly silence that follows when that crucial question is asked is, well, deafening.........

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Really? Then on an individual level they would have no sense of self preservation which is unlikely there not all committed suicide bombers after all. As an organisation which you are probably referring to you would need to believe their propaganda or analysis that suggests they welcome foreign intervention to fuel their cause.

Does any group trying to establish total control and domination over an area really want it's enemies to have complete air superiority? They would have rolled into Baghdad but Airstrikes slowed them down while the Iraqi army re discovered a spine.

I know its a lot of words but read the article 1066 posted, its all about how they want to be attacked to bring in play some weird prophecy they believe in

Now that it has taken Dabiq, the Islamic State awaits the arrival of an enemy army there, whose defeat will initiate the countdown to the apocalypse. Western media frequently miss references to Dabiq in the Islamic State’s videos, and focus instead on lurid scenes of beheading. “Here we are, burying the first American crusader in Dabiq, eagerly waiting for the remainder of your armies to arrive,”

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Being pedantic, unless you've got one of those reader things that blind people use with computers, you wouldn't have heard anyone suggesting this, it is true.

On a more serious note, anyone who thinks a political solution that doesn't involve ISIS is possible is living in cloud cuckoo land. Which brings me back to my original point, which nobody has been able to answer. What kind of political solution will satisfy the death cult that is ISIS?
The deathly silence that follows when that crucial question is asked is, well, deafening.........

The political solution as already mentioned throughout this thread of starving them of funding, their support and military arms, alongside education that throws out their weird and barbaric prophecies. This will only happen by talking with all their enemies and the old guard from Iraq put in their after the last war.

Dec 15, 2014
Here

Wipe out ISIS, anyone who helps ISIS and anyone who unfortunately stands in the way of wiping out ISIS. There is no moral high ground here. We (the western nations) have the military superiority and the capability to rid the world of this death mongering army. There is no other way to deal with this entity. That is the only answer to deliver to ISIS.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

The political solution as already mentioned throughout this thread of starving them of funding, their support and military arms, alongside education that throws out their weird and barbaric prophecies. This will only happen by talking with all their enemies and the old guard from Iraq put in there after the last war by the US not allowing them any role in the new institutions.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
No.
Indiscriminate bombing achieves nothing but kills innocent people

Targeted strikes on individuals based on intelligence (a la Jihadi John) by all means.

The RAF are currently targeting individuals based on intelligence in Iraq.
Surely the same strategy would apply to airstrikes in Syria

where has this notion arrived from that RAF airstrikes in Syria would be of the indiscriminate bombing variety?

who has proposed this?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Wipe out ISIS, anyone who helps ISIS and anyone who unfortunately stands in the way of wiping out ISIS. There is no moral high ground here. We (the western nations) have the military superiority and the capability to rid the world of this death mongering army. There is no other way to deal with this entity. That is the only answer to deliver to ISIS.

Quoting George Bush, I assume?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The political solution as already mentioned throughout this thread of starving them of funding, their support and military arms, alongside education that throws out their weird and barbaric prophecies. This will only happen by talking with all their enemies and the old guard from Iraq put in there after the last war by the US not allowing them any role in the new institutions.
..................and after that bomb the shit out of them.................................?

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
FFS NO! Learn a lesson, you bunch of elected morons. What the **** did the British people vote for in May?!
And yet some think Corbyn is clueless. Not compared to anyone who can make a difference voting yes (and I don't include NSC in this, obviously)

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I know its a lot of words but read the article 1066 posted, its all about how they want to be attacked to bring in play some weird prophecy they believe in

Now that it has taken Dabiq, the Islamic State awaits the arrival of an enemy army there, whose defeat will initiate the countdown to the apocalypse. Western media frequently miss references to Dabiq in the Islamic State’s videos, and focus instead on lurid scenes of beheading. “Here we are, burying the first American crusader in Dabiq, eagerly waiting for the remainder of your armies to arrive,”

It's been posted on NSC before, I read it then.

Some may believe in a pre ordained prophecy but I would suggest many more are motivated by the usual reasons ..Power, control, money, sex.

A simple question for you, if all air strikes were stopped tomorrow would ISIS grow stronger or weaker?

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The RAF are currently targeting individuals based on intelligence in Iraq.
Surely the same strategy would apply to airstrikes in Syria

where has this notion arrived from that RAF airstrikes in Syria would be of the indiscriminate bombing variety?

who has proposed this?

The notion of every other war that has declared it will have targeted bombing, we have already killed individuals in Syria with drones without the vote in parliament.

Targeted mistakes only six weeks ago

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...in-20-years-we-wont-get-such-a-hospital-again

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
It's been posted on NSC before, I read it then.

Some may believe in a pre ordained prophecy but I would suggest many more are motivated by the usual reasons ..Power, control, money, sex.

A simple question for you, if all air strikes were stopped tomorrow would ISIS grow stronger or weaker?

It will only get weaker if it is a targeted approach on its finances and support. See the list on my previous link and post regarding how to defeat them without bombing, which as you say you have probably read already...

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Lets say for the sake of argument IS are starved of funding,support and military arms.

These measures alone will not make them go away.The final defeat of this deathcult will only come about by the use of military options,of which airstrikes are an important part.
Any diplomacy will never involve IS

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It will only get weaker if it is a targeted approach on its finances and support. See the list on my previous link and post regarding how to defeat them without bombing, which as you say you have probably read already...

Nice dodge, other targeted approaches will help but getting back to my question .. , if all air strikes were stopped tomorrow would ISIS grow stronger or weaker?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here