Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Groves vs Eubank

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I've sparred both. Eubank wins a late stoppage IMO.

As a boxing geek, it would be great to hear more about how they both shaped up in the ring.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Chris Eubank Jr is a covert egomaniac who thrives off playing this 'super human' crap he and his Dad have created through videos of him running around, screaming in agony to show how super human Eubank Jr really is. He talks as if he's unbeatable referring to himself as "a Mountain which Groves won't be able to climb". Eubanks weaknesses were exposed by losing to BJS. He's a poor boxer but a good brawler. Against BJS, Eubank threw shots which took his own feet off the floor. He looked so out of his depth at times. It was only BJS lack of stamina in the later rounds which gave Eubank any glimmer of hope. Had it been a fit BJS, like now, he would've won every round comfortably. Considering BJS was completely gassed for the last few rounds of that fight and is a middle weight, Eubanks power wasn't putting him down or wobbling him. How's he going to cope against a super middle weight?

My Prediction is: Groves will target the body draining Eubanks super human energy which will allow Groves boxing skills to give him the advantage and control of the fight. Eubanks will look desperate come the latter end of the fight.

Groves on points.

All boxers need to talk like they are unbeatable, otherwise what’s the point in fighting. Ali did this the most but with rose tinted glasses he is seen as being witty and all with a glint in his eye.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
All boxers need to talk like they are unbeatable, otherwise what’s the point in fighting. Ali did this the most but with rose tinted glasses he is seen as being witty and all with a glint in his eye.

Ali's trash talk had poetry, wit and humour attached to it. Eubanks just sounds delusional and robotic. It's like he's trying to sound like they do in American super hero films.

Eubanks seem very out of touch with the ordinary man.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hope CEJ wins by KO. Why? Because he's great to watch, all action, and it seems everybody from outside Brighton hates him, just like they did / do his old man.

Yoooooobaaank!!!!

Yep.

I love watching his fights.

Jimmy Grimble

Want Eubank to win but I'm surprised the bookies have him as favourite.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Ali's trash talk had poetry, wit and humour attached to it. Eubanks just sounds delusional and robotic. It's like he's trying to sound like they do in American super hero films.

Read ‘ghosts of Manila’ and you may change your view.

Jimmy Grimble

Just because the most money has been going on him.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I get that, poorly phrased on my part.

Can't imagine there's been a great deal going on at this stage though, and Eubank has been the favourite for a while.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

I think I instinctively support them and I've had lots of really interesting chats with Snr and Jnr in my gym (occasionally while severely worse for wear after a Saturday night out raving, which is always fun when Snr goes into lecture mode and you're still seeing stars.) But they make it difficult by taking themselves so seriously. A sense of humour wouldn't go amiss...

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes

Yup. Just like his old man. Great marketing though for brand Eubank, everyone wants to see 'the bad guy' beat. Not me though. YOOOOOOOOOOBAAAANK!!!!

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Does anyone know somewhere in Brighton showing the fight?

The only place I can find online is the Walkabout but don't really fancy that.

I know it's already been said but King and Queen is superb for a Eubank fight. Proper rowdy and old school and that was just for the Abraham fight. Groves fight tomorrow will be very lively in there see you down there !!!

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Groves Jab too good for me. Eubank needs to get on the inside but Groves is clever and more experienced and can outbox Junior. GG looks great value to win on points in my opinion.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

Yeah but here’s the thing about Ali - he wasn’t a bad boxer (deliberate understatement there!) so he could hype himself with justification

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I know it's already been said but King and Queen is superb for a Eubank fight. Proper rowdy and old school and that was just for the Abraham fight. Groves fight tomorrow will be very lively in there see you down there !!!

That sounds ideal, do you have to get in their early to get a decent spot? The undercard doesn't look that inspiring!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here