Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Teegulls

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Player imagery certainly would be dodgy territory so the Bruno Subbuteo one and the Hughton leader one could probably get them in trouble.

Maybe the club are bringing them "in house" so that the club shop finally has stuff fans might want to buy. That would be a positive move.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t...UCRhQKHf6pALYQ7AkIWg&biw=1440&bih=780#imgrc=_

Absolutely - the design imagination of the goods in the club shop is zero and it would actually be wonderful if the Teegulls guys were able to produce official merchandise with no design interference or compromise from the club.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Cult Zeros are great. I got my mate one for his birthday with Kayal's face on it, the quote underneath read "Yippee Kayal motherf****er".

That reminds me, I never did buy this one...

Duffy.jpg

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Player imagery certainly would be dodgy territory so the Bruno Subbuteo one and the Hughton leader one could probably get them in trouble.

Maybe the club are bringing them "in house" so that the club shop finally has stuff fans might want to buy. That would be a positive move.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t...UCRhQKHf6pALYQ7AkIWg&biw=1440&bih=780#imgrc=_

What? You mean you can't just download images off the club website and stick them on some merchandise? Looks like my Brighton and Hove Albion "Guess Who?" game is screwed then.

GuessWho.JPG

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The club shop has offered shite since the Nick Rowe/early Skint days.

I wonder if Nike have some sort of monopoly on what the club sells? The shop had to be completely refurbished when we started with Nike (to its detriment imo)

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I'm stuck in two minds here. I can understand why ANY business wants to protect their 'intellectual property' rights, but this is Albion!

This is what happens when you reach the big time, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm stuck in two minds here. I can understand why ANY business wants to protect their 'intellectual property' rights, but this is Albion!

This is what happens when you reach the big time, unfortunately.

If you don't protect your image rights and trademarks against the small guys, I guess it can soon escalate. And club needs to be seen to be doing the right thing by its partners (Amex, Nike etc) too.

Teegulls needed to be more subtle, like TSLR. Name was risky and mentioning the club (and therefore trading off the back of it) on the website was a bad move.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

nigeyb

Oct 14, 2005
Hove
DVG9pN1WkAEnwy4.jpg
Teegulls got mentioned in two successive episodes of Albion Roar. Perhaps it was this publicity that sounded the death knell?

Teegulls.co.uk

Jun 1, 2017
Burgess Hill
If you don't protect your image rights and trademarks against the small guys, I guess it can soon escalate. And club needs to be seen to be doing the right thing by its partners (Amex, Nike etc) too.

Teegulls needed to be more subtle, like TSLR. Name was risky and mentioning the club (and therefore trading off the back of it) on the website was a bad move.

You've hit the nail on the head there, Wozza. Let's just say I've had my knuckles wrapped - and as many have you have pointed out it wasn't exactly unwarranted.

Thanks for your kind comments about the designs. It was fun coming up with them.

Teegulls is no more, but something a lot less 'legally compromising' will be coming soon. Don't worry... I've learnt my lesson.

Watch this (and all the usual) spaces!

Cheers,

Craig

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
You've hit the nail on the head there, Wozza. Let's just say I've had my knuckles wrapped - and as many have you have pointed out it wasn't exactly unwarranted.

Thanks for your kind comments about the designs. It was fun coming up with them.

Teegulls is no more, but something a lot less 'legally compromising' will be coming soon. Don't worry... I've learnt my lesson.

Watch this (and all the usual) spaces!

Cheers,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Love the designs, have you approached the club for them to sell your product? Or have they asked to stock your designs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here