Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] There is ZERO chance of SIGNING anyone today.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Andy Naylor

[MENTION=14853]andy[/MENTION]NaylorArgus
16m16 minutes ago
More Andy Naylor Retweeted Andy Naylor
Few window updates. James Collins (no), Maxime Gonalons (no), Edwin Gyasi (tracked but no move made), Albion content with progress on striker. #bhafc

This is becoming utterly depressing!

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Oh for the likes of a Michael Robinson, an Andy Ritchie, Gordon Smith, Gary Nelson, Gerry Ryan, Malcolm Poskett, Kurt Nogan, Peter Ward, Spider Mellor, Bobby Zamora, Paul Clark, Peter Sayer, Nobby Horton, Neil Smiley, Steve Penney, Jimmy Case..........any two of these would walk into our current team.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Andy Naylor

16m16 minutes ago
Few window updates. James Collins (no), Maxime Gonalons (no), Edwin Gyasi (tracked but no move made), Albion content with progress on striker. #bhafc

Are they hitting all their key milestones then?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
More Naylor knock backs....

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/953902534078488576

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Interestingly in this tweet Andy confirms a striker list and that we are content with the progress. This to me makes more sense than the we were never going to sign anyone viewpoint that some seem to hold. I'd expect work to be ongoing albeit at an annoyingly slow pace with no guarantee of success. It looks like a straw and I'm clutching it!

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/953921973582778368

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Interestingly in this tweet Andy confirms a striker list and that we are content with the progress. This to me makes more sense than the we were never going to sign anyone viewpoint that some seem to hold. I'd expect work to be ongoing albeit at an annoyingly slow pace with no guarantee of success. It looks like a straw and I'm clutching it!

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorArgus/status/953921973582778368

I guess we'll only know in retrospect whether their plans and expectations are realistic or not. Clearly our expectations are un-realistic on the whole, but we're operating without any information on progress, so it's to be expected.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Oh for the likes of a Michael Robinson, an Andy Ritchie, Gordon Smith, Gary Nelson, Gerry Ryan, Malcolm Poskett, Kurt Nogan, Peter Ward, Spider Mellor, Bobby Zamora, Paul Clark, Peter Sayer, Nobby Horton, Neil Smiley, Steve Penney, Jimmy Case..........any two of these would walk into our current team.

Kurt Nogan and Gary Nelson walk into this team? What have you been smoking?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I guess we'll only know in retrospect whether their plans and expectations are realistic or not. Clearly our expectations are un-realistic on the whole, but we're operating without any information on progress, so it's to be expected.

Agree. I have no idea why we expect it to be any different. I was convinced we'd hit the ground running with one of our summer targets finally making the move but no, we appear to be going to the wire yet again. I don't like it but I do appreciate how difficult it is for the club to get this business done. A frustrating time indeed.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Andy Naylor

16m16 minutes ago

Clearly, if the are content with striker progress, then they are not in tune with the majority of the Albion fan-base, and they have failed to recognize that we are becoming less and less appealing to potential targets. This should have been sorted between windows, with a rubber-stamp signature very soon after window opened, especially after their summer debacle.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Pfffffff........! Just how tinted would you like those rose coloured spectacles? Nelson, Ryan, Poskett, Nogan, Mellor, Clark LOL!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I’m struggling with what “content” means on our striker hunt (Naylor tweet). For me content would be signed, trained and turning out for us on Saturday.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Yu Kobayashe from Kawasaki Frontale on his way.

30 years old. Banged in 23 goals this season.

You heard it here first.

I have made this up.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Clearly, if the are content with striker progress, then they are not in tune with the majority of the Albion fan-base, and they have failed to recognize that we are becoming less and less appealing to potential targets. This should have been sorted between windows, with a rubber-stamp signature very soon after window opened, especially after their summer debacle.

Who is to say it wasn't and we are just waiting for the selling club to back fill the position? The simple answer is we just don't know, which is how the club want it as it avoids other problems like bigger clubs getting wind of our intentions and moving in our targets.

We are just going to have to be patient and stop assuming we know better than those employed by the club, guys who are experts in these matters and armed with all the facts.

Despite the problems we had in the summer, we still did pretty well in that window and I am sure we will again this.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Who is to say it wasn't and we are just waiting for the selling club to back fill the position? The simple answer is we just don't know, which is how the club want it as it avoids other problems like bigger clubs getting wind of our intentions and moving in our targets.

We are just going to have to be patient and stop assuming we know better than those employed by the club, guys who are experts in these matters and armed with all the facts.

Despite the problems we had in the summer, we still did pretty well in that window and I am sure we will again this.

Don’t you go being all sensible on us.

Everyone on here knows, we haven’t singed a decent player since Bobby Zamora, and we never will ever again

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Sadly I'm beginning to think that we wont be getting the much hoped for striker. Its my own fault I had stupidly thought that after the summer we be bang on it from the 1st January and the new striker would have been here for a week or so now. Lets hope the club will deliver because like many I don't think we have enough to stay up currently.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
whens the cut off for them to play Saturday ?

2 games missed , I am not content with this after the summer

I’m struggling with what “content” means on our striker hunt (Naylor tweet). For me content would be signed, trained and turning out for us on Saturday.

Think this is the nub. The club are ‘doing stuff’ and telling Naylor (presumably) they are making progress, but we’re all a) impatient b) not ITK and c) shitscared we’re not going to get anyone in. Combination of the three is causing sheet soaking at almost unprecedented levels.

We’re a long way down the food chain for strikers, so we wont be clear until the dominoes start toppling. God it’s frustrating!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

You know the thoughts of over 22K people? Amazing. I'm astonished you found the time to ask each and everyone of them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here