Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New kit on e bay

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have bought loads of stuff from China over the years, knowingly and unknowingly. For some reason the postage they charge is peanuts. So unless the FA, Nike whoever, can stop them advertising on the web, they are going to have a good turnover. If a club like Sheffield United can bring their costs down to £20 then there is no reason why we couldn't have. Just another example of the Premier League greed that is taking over our club. If they charged £20 they would have had many more people buying originals and end up with happy fans all wearing the latest kit with money to spend on other albion stuff.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
not sure i understand why you'd want to buy a fake football shirt. why wear a football team shirt, to support the club or because its a good look? given the latter only applies to a few shirts, you'd buy from the club to help support/fund them.

or is this the peer pressure thing that people say they "must" have new shirt, so happy to buy a fake because offical are considered expensive? which is another odd one when there is such a trend for retro shirts. so people convince themselves they need the new one, then buy a fake?

You're over thinking a really simple thing...

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I have bought loads of stuff from China over the years, knowingly and unknowingly. For some reason the postage they charge is peanuts. So unless the FA, Nike whoever, can stop them advertising on the web, they are going to have a good turnover. If a club like Sheffield United can bring their costs down to £20 then there is no reason why we couldn't have. Just another example of the Premier League greed that is taking over our club. If they charged £20 they would have had many more people buying originals and end up with happy fans all wearing the latest kit with money to spend on other albion stuff.

Companies like Nike have huge research, design, marketing and sponsorship budgets, so like it or not, you are also paying for that. Obviously the fakers don't have that, plus are probably a bit more questionable over workers rights and treatment (debatable, agreed). So 20 quid is unrealistic sadly.

It's not greed, that is just the going rate for branded products.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
not sure i understand why you'd want to buy a fake football shirt. why wear a football team shirt, to support the club or because its a good look? given the latter only applies to a few shirts, you'd buy from the club to help support/fund them.

This. If I buy one it's because it all helps the club make money. Same reason I'd never buy 'fake' scarves or other assorted tat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

or is this the peer pressure thing that people say they "must" have new shirt, so happy to buy a fake because offical are considered expensive? which is another odd one when there is such a trend for retro shirts. so people convince themselves they need the new one, then buy a fake?

There's lots you don't understand :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I stand corrected.

However, bearing in mind how cheaply the original Nike ones cost to be produced, there is no reason, other than profiteering, that they should retail at such exorbitant amounts.

Oh, of course, as we saw with prior Nike Albion shirts which could be bought for a little over a tenner from kitwear suppliers, but without the Amex logo and Albion badge.

I'm sure it was just coincidence that the club took iron-on Albion badges off sale at that time and they've not returned since...

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Spied this fella in Worthing yesterday.

c6dba610301a95dbc89b4709dfe40fc9.jpg

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
These kind of knock offs to make money/take it away from our club me feel slightly ill, so I dread to think how they make Paul Barber feel.
I don't think they do take away from potential club money. Those who can't afford or want to pay the extortionate prices, might buy a fake. That money would never have gone to the club in the first place.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
No problem with the young lad saving money on extortionate prices for a shirt . Happier it's a Brighton shirt in Worthing rather than Liverpool , Utd or anyone else future fan good boy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
The club can still make thousands off him over the next 50 years as opposed to back in the day when he'd have been likely to support a 'London club' or United

Have decided I can at least tolerate the new kit a bit more when it has the numbers on the back. The panel is part of what makes the back look ghastly without one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here