Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Flasks banned from the Amex

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Woeful security at the County Ground today.
b9f36e85dbb9bde3e8ee01338a7cf93d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Re the water, the club know the source of the bottles in the kiosks. What you turn up with could be any clear liquid...........same as being able to buy bottled water after security screening at the airport to take on the plane but not being able to take your own (or any other liquid over 100ml) through from landside.
The club guidelines say you can take in a clear bottle of water of up to 500ml but it must not have a lid. In the stadium they sell you a bottle of water with a lid on. Quite obviously if you throw a 500ml bottle with a lid on that you brought into the ground then that is clearly a safety risk, whereas a 500ml bottle with a lid on bought inside the ground is quite obviously safe. But it's for security. Not making money. Definitely not.

However the club want to dress this up its about milking us for even more money and they will go on doing so until there is a response that they can't accept

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The club guidelines say you can take in a clear bottle of water of up to 500ml but it must not have a lid. In the stadium they sell you a bottle of water with a lid on. Quite obviously if you throw a 500ml bottle with a lid on that you brought into the ground then that is clearly a safety risk, whereas a 500ml bottle with a lid on bought inside the ground is quite obviously safe. But it's for security. Not making money. Definitely not.

However the club want to dress this up its about milking us for even more money and they will go on doing so until there is a response that they can't accept

I was once told the issue is more to do with bottles with lids being a potential hazard in the event of an evacuation ie you tread on one with a lid you might twist your ankle. If it doesn’t have a lid and you tread on it, it will collapse.

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I was once told the issue is more to do with bottles with lids being a potential hazard in the event of an evacuation ie you tread on one with a lid you might twist your ankle. If it doesn’t have a lid and you tread on it, it will collapse.

This kind of sense and logic has no place on a binfest like this thread.

I have never heard this before and it does make sense but I'm guessing it's down to revenue though and nothing else

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

I was once told by a security quard at a concert that the lids could be used as weapons. If you empty the bottle, put the lid on loose and stamp on it, the lid flies off like an air pellet. Who knows - try doing that with a flask!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I didn't realise there was anyone left on the planet who still thought that this was about the club 'milking' money out of us.

Ya lives and learns, I s'pose.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

But, oddly enough, they let fans in with bottles and lids.

Edit: Bought a lovely flask today.
pal580_r2_d2_travel_mug_wb_1800.jpg

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Hell what? Whatever are these? This is what is wrong with this generation, take a perfectly good biscuit that served us all well and you have to put cream on it. Where can I get those...

e9245a2600d70f32491777465cffc5a4.jpg

Mmmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

This kind of sense and logic has no place on a binfest like this thread.

I have never heard this before and it does make sense but I'm guessing it's down to revenue though and nothing else

Sure, there is a degree of logic to it, but having hundreds of water bottles without lids will inevitably lead to an increase in spills which presents a slipping hazard, shifting the hazard from one thing to another and not eliminating it.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
You're very brave getting so close sir. :bowdown:
Trust me I didn't hang around. I didn't know whether I should be more terrified by the CAPPED bottle of unspecified clear liquid or by the bomb shaped canister...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The safest football ground is an empty one and, as people who go to watch football are now being treated in a retro 1980's manner, maybe they should just ban fans.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Sure, there is a degree of logic to it, but having hundreds of water bottles without lids will inevitably lead to an increase in spills which presents a slipping hazard, shifting the hazard from one thing to another and not eliminating it.

Precisely
If you evacuate the stadium and slip on a wet patch because a discarded bottle has emptied its contents due to being lidless, there is potential to fall downward and forward at the same time. If this happens in the WSU you could potentially cause a domino effect of supporters tumbling towards the front with those last to arrive hurtling over the edge and plunging to their deaths screaming in terror.( see World War Z)

World-War-Z-swarms-in-Jerusalem.jpg

Hundreds below would be instantly killed by falling bodies causing a mass stampede of people evacuating, all slipping over other spills from other discarded bottles. A stampede could spread outdoors causing coach and bus drivers to needlessly panic and escape the area at high speed with multiple traffic accidents and carnage spreading to the roads.

No one at the clubs seems to have done a proper risk assessment and factored in these possibilities.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Took my flask to swindon saturday.....the search lady saw it....did not run and hide in a bunker!!! just waved me in....

Waited until HT to have a drink of coffee in case it exploded.......have to report.....it did not explode and we got home safely......what was rather disturbing was the amount of people with flasks....

Maybe Swindon don't have a Paul Barber?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here