Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Best Beach in Sussex

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Friends from oop north are visiting Sussex for a few days and want to go to "a nice beach" (definitely not Brighton beach). Stumped me a bit. Wasn't sure where to suggest. Is Rustington meant to be good? Any suggestions?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Do yourself a favor and pop into Kent instead to Broadstairs. Sussex beaches are naff

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Tell them to spend an extra day ooop North, visiting Whitby, Saltburn or Runswick Bay beaches before coming South. Much better beaches up there. :shrug:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Witterings, as people have said, is superb. If too far West Beach at Littlehampton is also good, as is Climping. Going East you could try Fairlight .... for a laugh!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My 86 year old Mum lives there too, and yes, she did, and only a few years (decades) ago!!!!!!

My grandparents also lived in Fairlight, never did anything that lifted above the ankle.
We were walking over the Firehills, years back, went down those stairs, forgetting about the nice delights, and came across two gents with their veg on display:eek:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My grandparents also lived in Fairlight, never did anything that lifted above the ankle.
We were walking over the Firehills, years back, went down those stairs, forgetting about the nice delights, and came across two gents with their veg on display:eek:

Yes, it can be a shock!

Good cricket ground up there also, nice community feel to Fairlight but I'd imagine they sell a significant amount of copies of The Daily Mail!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
West Wittering is a nice beach, but over rated I reckon. Pain in the arse to get to in the summer and a pain in the arse to leave sometimes, plus expensive to park.
Compared to other parts of the UK, Sussex beaches are pretty run of the mill, all in my humble opinion, of course.
And yes, I know, I haven't answered the question.:D

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010

Beautiful walk from Hastings to Pett at low tide. Where lives Viv Albertine of The Slits, which is very apt.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Yes, it can be a shock!

Good cricket ground up there also, nice community feel to Fairlight but I'd imagine they sell a significant amount of copies of The Daily Mail!

Funny you should mention the DM, I used to cycle from Bexhill, when a yoof to see my GP, always insisted I go and get the DM from the local newsagents.
Great times, especially bombing down Battery Hill.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
West Wittering is a nice beach, but over rated I reckon. Pain in the arse to get to in the summer and a pain in the arse to leave sometimes, plus expensive to park.
Compared to other parts of the UK, Sussex beaches are pretty run of the mill, all in my humble opinion, of course.

It's all about timing. Get there early, leave late and it's no problem.

The carpark was £8.50 during peak times this summer. We usually get to the beach at 9am and leave between 6 and 7. That makes the parking under £1 an hour, which is good value in my book. The money raised from the car parking is used to fund the ongoing maintenance and improvements to the beach. They have made massive improvements over the years. The toilets are clean, the beach is kept as clean as possible and the land management is really good. The traffic in and out can be a nightmare but if you plan, it's OK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here