Duffy 8
Balogun 8

Knockaert 8
Stephens 8
Propper 8
March 8

Gross 7

Murray 9

I agree with these pretty much exactly. Hardest Murray has ever worked for us.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
8's all round, Stephens and Propper both 9.

A fully united hard working team effort.

No one ran more than Stephens, he and Propper bossed midfield, with Gross dropping back for most of the second half in support.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ryan 6 As he only had 1 save to make but not his fault.
Montoya 8 Good game defending and quick looked very comfortable.
Duffy 8.5 Solid good performance
Dunk 5 Not on long enough to gauge
Bong 8 Rose to the challenge.
Knockhaert 7 Imptoved team performance
Stephens 8 Usual engine for the team
Propper 9.5 MOM outstanding completely dominated the midfield
March 8 Did what he should do every week got forward and defended.
Gross 7 Competent and did his job but but not outstanding
Murray 8 Held the line well but too many pointless fouls which resulted in a yellow card.

Subs

Balogun 8.5 Very good debut so much so that we didnt miss Dunk at all.
Kayal 6 Pointless substitution and IMHO the wrong player sent on.
Locadia N/A

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
All those March knockers where are you today? That's exactly why he is in the team.

I think it's just been frustration with Solly. I'm sure everyone wants him to do well. Anyone who has seen him throughout his Albion career believes that there is a fantastic player in there somewhere and just wish they could see it more consistently, although that always seems to be an issue with wingers. I've often thought left wing-back might be his best position.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Murray 8 Held the line well but too many pointless fouls which resulted in a yellow card.

Subs

Locadia N/A

At 90 minutes, 3-1 up against United, what tactical rabbit would you have pulled out of the hat :)

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Subs

Locadia N/A

I disagree. I think it was another nod to the old guard that CH will stand by them if they justify his faith. And if the new players are the type of characters we need, they will appreciate that loyalty and know that he will treat them the same way when the time comes.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
At 90 minutes, 3-1 up against United, what tactical rabbit would you have pulled out of the hat :)

Bernardo is said to be able to play across the back or in midfield so would have sent him on as DM in front of Balogun and Duffy or brought on Bissouma and dropped Stephens back to protect them for the last 4 minutes or so to hold what we had.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Bernardo is said to be able to play across the back or in midfield so would have sent him on as DM in front of Balogun and Duffy or brought on Bissouma and dropped Stephens back to protect them for the last 4 minutes or so to hold what we had.

Bringing on a player to play out of position and re-arrange the formation that had done so well for 90 mins to accommodate that change. Well it's different, I'll give you that sunshine, I'll give you that :wink:

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Ryan 7- couldn't do much about the goals, made a great stop the one time he was called upon.

Montoya 8- Fantastic debut. Really composed and good on the ball.

Duffy 8- Did very well against two of the biggest ******** in the league. Nicely taken goal too.

Balogun 8- Very good performance, again, bossed Lukaku and Fellaini for most of the game. Was caught out for the first unfortunately but did very well when he had time to settle.

Bong 8- Looked strong and eager as always. Couple of momentary lapses but a really good performance. Bernardo is going to have to work hard to get the shirt back.

Knockaert 8- Wasn't afraid to drive forward, he scared the shit out of Luke Shaw at times. A couple of ponderous moments in possession but did his defensive duties well. He is a different beast when playing at home.

Pröpper & Stephens 8- Both went about their business superbly with minimal fuss, as they did in the majority of our home games last season- they just work so well together.

March 8.5- So happy for him after that performance. Great assist for Murray and some of his defensive work was top notch. Best showing for absolutely ages, let's hope it continues.

Groß 7- Seemed a bit off the pace at times, but still caused them some problems. Did a lot of running/donkey work as always.

Murray 8- Lindelof and Bailly will be having nightmares about him tonight. Bullied their defence all game and produced a top-drawer finish. His booking was a joke.

Gros, runs around, slowly, doesn't challenge and can't chase a ball. Won't criticise his dead ball game, but I would suggest he is marginal for selection if these new players emerge as we select. Was a man under pressure for the penalty, straight, low not particularly well struck and should have come off 20-30 minutes before he did. Its player ratings, which are individual ratings on here, not result ratings.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not think that Kayal is good enough defensively as he gives away too many free kicks . To drop Stephens back 10 yds or play Bernardo in a position he is said to be able and has played is not playing a player out of position.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I do not think that Kayal is good enough defensively as he gives away too many free kicks . To drop Stephens back 10 yds or play Bernardo in a position he is said to be able and has played is not playing a player out of position.

Please stop it with attacking Kayal over nothing.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Can we stop these threads and just look at our favourite Stoke supporting Argus journalist’s verdict. This is fact and anyone who disagrees with him must be wrong. No room for debate, discussion or opinion.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
All those March knockers where are you today? That's exactly why he is in the team.

And his performance against Watford was what then! Don't think anyone is saying that March is a bad player just that he is inconsistent. That said, everyone was bad at Watford.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Bernardo was also supposedly able to play at RB - at Watford is was pretty clear he really can't, but he looks a capable LB. Kayal is going nowhere IMHO - we've got, and we need, 4 decent CMs and he is one of them. Did you see how many free kicks Stephens gave away at Watford ? He was lucky to stay on the pitch.

Solly was awful - particularly going forward - at Watford, but much, much better yesterday - don't think it's a question of haters, more a statement of fact - he's been infuriatingly inconsistent - Knocky can also blow hot and cold but nowhere near to the same degree. March has had more poor performances than good ones in the last year or so. Really hope yesterday gives him the confidence to kick on - the talent is definitely in there.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Ryan - 7 - one excellent save from Pogba
Montoya - 7 - Solid debut. Think we will see him get better and better.
Duffy - 8 - Superb. Not convinced that was a penalty at the end.
Dunk - 6 - shame to see him injured. One poor first touch/control gifted United a chance.
Bong - 7 - Solid in defence, crossing needs improvement.
Knockaert - 8 - The way he won the ball back was a joy to watch. Playing with confidence now.
Stephens - 8 - Bossed the midfield
Propper - 8 - as above
March - 8 - Much better. Huge shift defensively and good cross for the first goal.
Gross - 7 - Oozes class. will thrive with a striker like Andone infront of him
Murray - 8 - Great shift, proper centre forward.

Balogun - 8 - What a debut. We didn't miss Dunk at all.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Suprised no one has marked Hughton.

Got to be a 10, gave last weeks disappointments a chance to redeem themselves, and boy, did they take . Played excactly the right team, tactics, and substitutions, a masterclass.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here