'Clubs eye Calderon after Brighton exit'

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Didn't that bloke leak the Southampton story too? Pals with his agent I guess

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Nobody wants Calderon to leave but I want to see him go somewhere and play football regularly again. I think we all love the man, and losing him for a season or two so he can keep playing would be painful but he'll be back. No club will love him like we love him and he won't be able to build a dynasty elsewhere like he's done here.

He scores with his face, he scores with his face. :albion2:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
He scores with his face, he scores with his face. :albion2:

Got to be one of the best chants ever, lol.

Calde spent lots of periods of the game on his feet 'warming up' but really on the sideline down infront of us in the NW corner shouting, encouraging and keep[ing the players passion up. Would be worth another season just for that alone IMO. Brings somethign extra to the team that can't be bought.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Got to be one of the best chants ever, lol.

Calde spent lots of periods of the game on his feet 'warming up' but really on the sideline down infront of us in the NW corner shouting, encouraging and keep[ing the players passion up. Would be worth another season just for that alone IMO. Brings somethign extra to the team that can't be bought.

I agree, I think he adds a lot to the squad.

But if want to win the league next season then Calderon isn't good enough to play any more - but I get the impression he wants to, I get the impression he wants to continue his playing career and he should, he's a young man! Coaching will follow and he'll come back to the club but for now, he should be selfish and do what he wants to do. If he wants to play, he should go somewhere and play regularly but if he's happy being a squad man, obviously we'll keep him. It's his choice, and that's how it should be.

Many tears to come if he does leave though! :cry:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The time has come for Calde to move on. What a great servant he has been. I hope he enjoys two more years playing, then returns to the club in some other capacity in the future.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The time has come for Calde to move on. What a great servant he has been. I hope he enjoys two more years playing, then returns to the club in some other capacity in the future.

Exactly this. If he wants to play on for a couple of years, unfortunately it can't be with us.

How about Millwall?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Bottom of La Ligue which like Scotland has about 3 or 4 decent teams. The rest are poor.

You understand that clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona are amongst the richest in the world and also control the rights to the broadcasting of their own games which gives them a greater negotiating power in respect of money? No other La Liga clubs can compete on the level of the top teams in La Liga because of the disparity in money; not because of pure quality. The league isn't that poor, if you watched two lower placed teams, they'd be really entertaining.

Unfortunately, BG, you, like millions of others don't get to watch these games because people want to watch Madrid or Barcelona, so when these mammoth teams smash poor little El Cabron's 7-0, it makes the league look ultra poor. Conversely, such games also increase Barcelona or Madrid's revenue.

Hitherto, the issue with La Liga...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You understand that clubs like Real Madrid and Barcelona are amongst the richest in the world and also control the rights to the broadcasting of their own games which gives them a greater negotiating power in respect of money? No other La Liga clubs can compete on the level of the top teams in La Liga because of the disparity in money; not because of pure quality. The league isn't that poor, if you watched two lower placed teams, they'd be really entertaining.

Unfortunately, BG, you, like millions of others don't get to watch these games because people want to watch Madrid or Barcelona, so when these mammoth teams smash poor little El Cabron's 7-0, it makes the league look ultra poor. Conversely, such games also increase Barcelona or Madrid's revenue.

Hitherto, the issue with La Liga...

You are probably correct that like many I only see La Liga from BBC.co.uk/sport summarys.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why not a one year deal, but going out on loan to a lesser team within commutable distance - Gillingham, Crawley, Aldershot, Portsmouth, Brentford, Fulham, Orient, AFC Wimbledon even?

kjgood

If it's true then I wish him all the best for the future. Prefer him to stay but if he needs a regular first team place then he needs to go. The future is without him to be honest and that is absolutely no slight on someone who has been great for the club and supporters. So if true all the very best to you come back and see us for me you are really welcome.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why not a one year deal, but going out on loan to a lesser team within commutable distance - Gillingham, Crawley, Aldershot, Portsmouth, Brentford, Fulham, Orient, AFC Wimbledon even?

What would be the advantage to us of signing him and loaning him out? Why not just release him and let him sign for one of those if he wished and he could still live in Brighton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here