Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Royal Blood (BHA fans) on Soccer AM

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Wow. That'll be my mate Angus's son's guitar shop, then. That's about the closest connection to any rock star I've ever managed! :nono:

Crazy how many connections there are on here, although I suppose it makes sense as a lot of us live in Sussex.

I was talking to Alex (the shop owner) the other day and he was saying you wouldn't believe the number of kids who come in and try guitars by playing Royal Blood, almost all of them probably blissfully unaware that Worthing was where it all started.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
They were absolutely superb at Reading. Maybe in a few years the club should let them play at the Amex as I'm sure they'd jump at the opportunity if they become even bigger.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Hah - It's a big group of friends from which 6/7 bands came and went, this one just clicked perfectly.

Do you know James Cross then? Good friend of mine at work, knows the RB lads from that era, think he played in a band with them for a bit.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
They were absolutely superb at Reading. Maybe in a few years the club should let them play at the Amex as I'm sure they'd jump at the opportunity if they become even bigger.

After two summers of dance and lounge music I think we're due a bit of rock at the Amex.

Royal Blood supporting Muse or Kasabian would fit the bill nicely for summer 2015!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Call me thick, but why am I sometimes hearing lead guitar in their sound? Do they have a lead guitarist hidden in a box somewhere?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Royal Blood supporting Muse or Kasabian would fit the bill nicely for summer 2015!

I definitely get tickets for that! Muse are amazing live and, by all accounts, so are Royal Blood. Haven't seen Kasabian so can't comment on them

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I definitely get tickets for that! Muse are amazing live and, by all accounts, so are Royal Blood. Haven't seen Kasabian so can't comment on them

Muse are fans - I reckon that could happen.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Call me thick, but why am I sometimes hearing lead guitar in their sound? Do they have a lead guitarist hidden in a box somewhere?
That's a good question.
It's played on a bass, but he usually uses a different tuning set up and lots of pedals to distort the sound. Proper cool.

They are VERY clever.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Can't help feeling it'll be a few years before Muse are dropping down to play venues like the Amex. Could be wrong though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can't help feeling it'll be a few years before Muse are dropping down to play venues like the Amex. Could be wrong though.

I meant RB supporting Muse, not specifically at the Amex.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I love this band, saw them ar Glasto, chuffed that the drummer sits in the WSU I shall be looking out for him.

He's a lot better than the drummer near me at selhurst :wink:

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I saw the hamster looking one outside the Amex before the game looking like he was searching for someone to recognise him

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I saw the hamster looking one outside the Amex before the game looking like he was searching for someone to recognise him

Hahaha. He was waiting for me and my brother, so technically yes he was waiting for someone who would recognise him.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Hahaha. He was waiting for me and my brother, so technically yes he was waiting for someone who would recognise him.

Fair enough. I was gonna say hi but thought better of it. Just not my style. I like the guitar riffs on those songs but that vocal grained Mic thing kinda irritates me. Good luck to them anyway

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just heard a track from their 6 music session on Friday. My God they're good, no wonder the album's flying off the shelves.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town

Did you walk down towards The bridge car park about 20 minutes after the game finished on Saturday? I was convinced it was the drummer from Royal blood that walked past with two other fellas but couldn't be sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here