[Albion] Yaya

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Been at a massive club
Getting on
Not known for his work rate
Has starred in the Champions League and then expected to produce the goods for little old Brighton.
Used to living on massive wages, probably on quite a drop here. Will he really care?

Anyway, that was Vicente.
I suppose the difference is that Vicente was probably keen to try his luck in a different country for a year or two. As it happened, he didn't want to be here for the second season but Poyet forced him to stay by taking up the 2nd year option. He only made 11 appearances in the whole season.

Maybe Vicente was a risk worth taking because perhaps his wages weren't that big, I don't know? However Toure would be on huge wages if he came here - a massive risk.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
We need someone with massive workrate to hassle the opposition. Toure isn't that player. Shame really, if our style was different maybe it would be a yes. If he stays in the PL he may well end up at a club who we will be challenging for position with - West Ham, Wolves or Newcastle perhaps

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Should just retire.
Sure he can survive on being a multi millionaire.
Perhaps give part of his millions to our care in the community :moo:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I may be wrong here but I believe the thought at the time was that he took the money for his retirement knowing he wouldn't be able to play that often thus not letting Brighton down. It certainly turned out that way.

With regards Toure, awesome player but I am hoping for Iniesta..
Until Reading offer more money.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
His agent said in the press this week that he's asking for the same 220k wage he's on at City, but to prove he's still got what it takes at the top level, he's willing (out of the kindness of his heart) to pay back half if his performances don't live up to expectations. What a martyr. I'd suggest he's somewhat out of our budget range.

Side point - unbelievable player, easily one of the best 5 or 6 central midfielders in the last 25 years or so, at his peak.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
His agent said in the press this week that he's asking for the same 220k wage he's on at City, but to prove he's still got what it takes at the top level, he's willing (out of the kindness of his heart) to pay back half if his performances don't live up to expectations. What a martyr. I'd suggest he's somewhat out of our budget range.

Side point - unbelievable player, easily one of the best 5 or 6 central midfielders in the last 25 years or so, at his peak.

Greedy ****.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Pep Guardiola: Yaya Toure says Man City boss 'often has problems with Africans'

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44364542

"I do not know why but I have the impression that he was jealous, he took me for a rival. As if I made him a little shade."

"He was cruel to me. I came to wonder if it was not because of my colour."

"I am not the first to talk about these differences in treatment. In Barca, some have also asked the question."

"When we realise he often has problems with Africans wherever he goes, I ask myself questions."

"I want to be the one who breaks the myth of Guardiola."

BiffyBoy

Aug 20, 2012
Pep Guardiola: Yaya Toure says Man City boss 'often has problems with Africans'

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44364542

"I do not know why but I have the impression that he was jealous, he took me for a rival. As if I made him a little shade."

"He was cruel to me. I came to wonder if it was not because of my colour."

"I am not the first to talk about these differences in treatment. In Barca, some have also asked the question."

"When we realise he often has problems with Africans wherever he goes, I ask myself questions."

"I want to be the one who breaks the myth of Guardiola."

Very temperamental player. Came straight into my office after I dropped Kolo on football manager demanding to know why!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Nothing to do with the color of his skin just that huge chip he seems to have on his shoulder.

Guardiola doesn’t like players with huge egos who won’t sacrifice themselves for the team. See his relationship with Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here