Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Swans v Saints

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
And I said it all the way back in February, better players.

Austin, Redmond, Bertrand, Romeu, Tadic, McCarthy, Hoedt, Lemina, Ward-Prowse are quality.

The club will learn from this one off awful season.

Yep. Quality throughout. How they got themselves into this mess needs a long hard look. & then gwt a new manager - not hughes

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Not really. You were rubbishing anyone who dared to suggest Southampton might go down.
No I wasn't. You didn't understand the point then though, so I don't expect you to remember now.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Stoke are down and will surely play with a bit more freedom; I can't see Swansea beating them. Indeed I think it's probably as likely that Swansea finish bottom of the league as that they will escape relegation - either would require an unusual set of circumstances.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

Austin, Redmond, Bertrand, Romeu, Tadic, McCarthy, Hoedt, Lemina, Ward-Prowse are quality.

Agree. Real shame they haven’t gone because they’ll be top half next season.
Swansea are bang on for relegation next season even if they scrape through at the weekend

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No I wasn't. You didn't understand the point then though, so I don't expect you to remember now.
Yes yes you were. Sort of. You kept criticising people's analysis on what good and bad results were for us, based on Southampton never being in relegation trouble in the long run.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Yep. Quality throughout. How they got themselves into this mess needs a long hard look. & then gwt a new manager - not hughes

Simple - they don’t score enough . They may have quality throughout but they have Shane long up front

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes yes you were. Sort of. You kept criticising people's analysis on what good and bad results were for us, based on Southampton never being in relegation trouble in the long run.
That's a lot closer to the truth. I was arguing that 3 points for us (losing to SCC and winning our other game) was better for us than drawing 2 games. One option would give us an extra point, the other would give SCC 2 extra points. Southampton were much closer to going down than I expected, but regardless of that (and even if they had gone down), I was right - 3 points was better for us.

I certainly wasn't rubbishing anyone just for suggesting SCC might go down (although I had no idea how close it would get).

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

You clearly haven’t seem much of Lemina and Hoedt this season then. Cedric Soares has been their best player this season by a mile.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I would have liked Swansea and Huddersfield to have stayed up as they were planned visits for next year

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Why are some so sure Southampton will be a lot better next season? They’ll be down there again unless they appoint a decent manager (not Hughes) and sign some much better players.

Their squad is actually very average. Their two full backs are very good and McCarthy is finally proving to be a decent keeper, but their centre backs are poor, midfield is very lightweight (Ward-Prowse is massively over rated on here), Tadic and Bouffal are extremely hit and miss and their strike force is very, very weak.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Why are some so sure Southampton will be a lot better next season? They’ll be down there again unless they appoint a decent manager (not Hughes) and sign some much better players.

Their squad is actually very average. Their two full backs are very good and McCarthy is finally proving to be a decent keeper, but their centre backs are poor, midfield is very lightweight (Ward-Prowse is massively over rated on here), Tadic and Bouffal are extremely hit and miss and their strike force is very, very weak.

Exactly. Because they look behind and not ahead.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Good news. At lest this result probably puts Huddersfield and Prichard down!! As winnable games go for Swansea....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Its Wengers last game, they won their last game 5-0 vs Burnley I wouldnt be so sure.

There was a lot of pride and emotion in that game. I'm not so sure they've got it in them for the last game.
I would rather Swansea stayed up than Huddersfield, looking at next season.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Good news. At lest this result probably puts Huddersfield and Prichard down!! As winnable games go for Swansea....

Hope so but the Swans looked poor tonight

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Damn - I would hoping Southampton would go down. Huddersfield to get a point in one of their two remaining matches, and there to be a 9/10 GD swing between Southampton and Swansea on the final day (both at home, against Man City and Stoke respectively) - there's still hope?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We should not fear any team next season, we will recruit additional quality players and kick on

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There was a lot of pride and emotion in that game. I'm not so sure they've got it in them for the last game.
I would rather Swansea stayed up than Huddersfield, looking at next season.

Surprised by that. Thought you came from Yorkshire(Rotherham) ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here