Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why blame the ref for our ineptness?!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
it was typical Warnock...…..If you are under the cosh and don't look like scoring the next best thing is to get in the face of the referee, feign injuries to stop the tempo of the game and overreact to any incident that could give you an advantage.

The circumstances around Stephen's red card were very similar to those at Middlesbrough, so although possibly the victim, Stephens should hold off from making that sort of challenge unless it is absolutely necessary. The half way line is not the place to get sent off.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
We had a perfect start and after that should have controlled the game and won comfortably. All we had to do was keep the ball, but instead we were frantic, looked nervy and were clearly looking to rely on our defensive solidity to win 1-0.

Having said that, with 11 we did still create a couple more decent chances to score. Once Stephens made one of his unfortunately frequent poor decisions trying to make up for his initial error it was always going to be difficult. I did think though that we could still create chances as Cardiff we’re comfortably the worst Premier League team I have seen.

Something has to change away from home as we can’t rely on our home form forever. Some people will hide behind the red card but our ball retention was poor before and after Stephens’ sending off.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
If if if

A frankly rediculous post.

All that proves is not only were we shite, today, but that Cardiff were worse.

All this referee blaming and even worse the swivel eyed conspiracy theory nutjobs just comes from posters incapable of facing reality.

Pity you can't spell ridiculous. We were not very good. Neither were Cardiff. The referee was crap. I don't ever remember CH using the word "angry" before in conjunction with a refereeing decision - which was about the second goal being offside - not the red card.

Where conspiracy theory comes in to anything I have said I don't know. And I am perfectly capable of facing reality. I realise how easy it would be to slip in to relegation contention.

And you, sir, seem to be a patronising bar steward.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Pity you can't spell ridiculous. We were not very good. Neither were Cardiff. The referee was crap. I don't ever remember CH using the word "angry" before in conjunction with a refereeing decision - which was about the second goal being offside - not the red card.

Where conspiracy theory comes in to anything I have said I don't know. And I am perfectly capable of facing reality. I realise how easy it would be to slip in to relegation contention.

And you, sir, seem to be a patronising bar steward.

Hughton should be more angry with most of his players being shithouse again, let's be honest we had it coming and deserved to lose, offside goal or not. Ridden our luck in enough games this season, probably deserved a bit of luck going the other way.

Fully trust Hughton to turn it round, but he has a bloody big job on his hands to rebuild our confidence on the ball and in attack. We've completely lost our way

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Why is everyone crying out for gross and propper ? Gross maybe but what does propper do? Apart from being placed in the wrong position. It falls on Chrissy boy but unfortunately he is so so negative in away games . I understand against the top top teams , keep it tight and hopefully nick a goal, but Cardiff are shite and we should actually play with 2 up front and actually go for it for a change. We got away with it for those 3 1-0 wins but we didn’t play well at all . It’s a guarantee that away at Huddersfield we will gift them 3 points. Our away record under Chris says it all but he is unable or won’t change which is a shame but that’s why I won’t go to away games . All the fans that went today deserve a refund

Hey
What about us that went to WBA, Huddersfield last year and Everton and Watford this year.
I love away trips but I have to say, lately, you just turn up knowing we will lose, it’s just by how many.
I think that the problem is that last year we were the new boys and we expected to lose. But £100m spend later we are no better, and have not progressed at all.
And it’s just dreadful to watch too.
A bit worried now

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Hey
What about us that went to WBA, Huddersfield last year and Everton and Watford this year.
I love away trips but I have to say, lately, you just turn up knowing we will lose, it’s just by how many.
I think that the problem is that last year we were the new boys and we expected to lose. But £100m spend later we are no better, and have not progressed at all.
And it’s just dreadful to watch too.
A bit worried now

Also worrying because our home performances lately have become almost as bad and defence minded as our away performances ... At least last year we were entertaining at home!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here