Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] WC QF3 Sweden v England

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
That was much better, felt we played well in places, still don’t rate Sterling, does work hard but decision making is clueless and finishing really not great.

But we looked so strong, and Sweden generally are not that clueless, so we must be doing something right....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stirling has lost his nerve in front of goal .......could have been 5-0 if he took his chances and set up kane ........sad to see but i hope rashford gets a bit more of an opportunity in the next game........other than that a great night and a brilliant result.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sun headline tomorrow:-

'England win...

... despite Sterling'. :lol: :facepalm:

Utter bollocks. His finishing was very poor but his all round play was superb and integral to England carving Sweden open time and time again.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Utter bollocks. His finishing was very poor but his all round play was superb and integral to England carving Sweden open time and time again.

Absolutely on the money, anyone who doesn’t appreciate the job Sterling did tonight does not understand football. Add goals to his package and we have a world class player on our hands.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

:shootself:

RaheemSterlingTheSunPaper.jpg

sun_sunda1-626x800.jpg

CmJlFpjWkAA7vTW.jpg

6e99db68588ee184d192fc1157a5c33b.jpg

Raheem Sterling is a victim of vicious tabloid snobbery

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...9/raheem-sterling-tabloid-snobbery-gun-tattoo

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Another one bites the dust...

Attachments

• flight-to-stockholm-international-airport-departures-board-travelling-to-sweden-conceptual-d-ren.jpg
    flight-to-stockholm-international-airport-departures-board-travelling-to-sweden-conceptual-d-ren.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 199

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They are a complete bunch of useless little c***s who will achieve nothing with their lives.

Come on Raheem and the boys :clap:
Esp as that's probably only 1/10th of Sterling's 'press'.

I can't remember the story (hopefully someone else will) but I think it was The Daily Mail who did a hatchet job on him for doing something minor. Then x months later did the same snidy hatchet job for not reacting how he did last time.

The c-word is very apt.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Absolutely on the money, anyone who doesn’t appreciate the job Sterling did tonight does not understand football. Add goals to his package and we have a world class player on our hands.
Drives the team 25 yards up the pitch Knockhaert does the same for us. Some don't understand that though or football in general.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Same people who want to know why Stephens and Propper didn't score more last season :facepalm:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008

If you don't know a great deal about football, i.e a lot of the general public, he will get criticized massively. But he performed well today despite his finishing and hope Southgate sticks with him.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you don't know a great deal about football, i.e a lot of the general public, he will get criticized massively. But he performed well today despite his finishing and hope Southgate sticks with him.

Football has had very little to do with the red tops criticism of Sterling in the past.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here