Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Brighton have a football hooligan firm

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Remember the friendly (?) at Selhurst in the early 80's.
The thing that sticks in my mind is the 3 young girls in your end, dressed in virgin (?) white, who seemed to love all the attention they were getting from the Palace lot.
Handbags down Norwood high street, near the jolly sailor.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
The back of my head was always my best profile.

I think it was just a moment before then when the pic was taken that was on the front page of The Argus.

The front of the Argus was the Sheff Utd fan twirling the corner flag. It's extraordinary the quality of that photo, 30 years later it puts a lot of digital cctv images to shame.

Jan 30, 2008
The thing that sticks in my mind is the 3 young girls in your end, dressed in virgin (?) white, who seemed to love all the attention they were getting from the Palace lot.
ha ha the jolly sailor, where your lot bang on the inside of the windows all angry and frustrated :whistle:
regards
DR

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston

They were wearing white sweatshirts with Brighton, England embossed across the front.
Your lot were chanting super slags at them.:smile:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
They were wearing white sweatshirts with Brighton, England embossed across the front.
Your lot were chanting super slags at them.:smile:

That's right !
I knew it was something complementary .

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
This thread has got me thinking - When was Brighton's first hooligan firm? I remember the Chelsea cup tie in 1967 and I stood in the west stand with my dad and brother but I can't remember any trouble. The Portsmouth League Cup game in 1969 when Portsmouth were in the North Stand and I was in the Chicken Run. Was there any trouble? I was a bit too young. I first ventured into the North Stand in 1969-70 (about 13 years old) with my brother and a mate for a pre-season friendly with Southampton. We got their 1.15ish and sat on the wall behind the goal. 1.30ish Saints mob came rushing in and nearly everyone scattered (my mate legged it to the south stand). Two or three Saints fans tried to get our scarfs but me and my brother held on to them until another Saints fan came over and said to the other guys to leave us alone as we were too young to fight. Could this be the time Saints fans busted up the Top Rank Suite that night? . . So when was Brighton's first firm? And when did you notice fighting at the Goldstone?

Jan 30, 2008
This thread has got me thinking - When was Brighton's first hooligan firm? I remember the Chelsea cup tie in 1967 and I stood in the west stand with my dad and brother but I can't remember any trouble. The Portsmouth League Cup game in 1969 when Portsmouth were in the North Stand and I was in the Chicken Run. Was there any trouble? I was a bit too young. I first ventured into the North Stand in 1969-70 (about 13 years old) with my brother and a mate for a pre-season friendly with Southampton. We got their 1.15ish and sat on the wall behind the goal. 1.30ish Saints mob came rushing in and nearly everyone scattered (my mate legged it to the south stand). Two or three Saints fans tried to get our scarfs but me and my brother held on to them until another Saints fan came over and said to the other guys to leave us alone as we were too young to fight. Could this be the time Saints fans busted up the Top Rank Suite that night? . . So when was Brighton's first firm? And when did you notice fighting at the Goldstone?
Palace 1974 north stand, leatherhead fa cup in the south stand ,only a kid wet behind the ears at the time
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here