Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Congratulations to Nathan Jones and Luton Town FC on winning promotion to league one

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Accrington Stanley is the bigger Achievement in that league.

But well done Luton. Dropped away after an incredible start. At one point only Man City had scored more goals than them. Dropped away a bit with Wycombe and Notts County and Accrington flew up the league since christmas. Did we not have two loan players there at the start of the season?
Dallison and Hornby-Forbes were at Accrington before New Year.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Congratulations to Mr Jones, at the start of his glorious career. Hopefully we will see him back at the Amex at some point.

Well done to Mr Jones.
So, Luton will get another two straight promotions.
That would be some achievment.

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think that Accrington did them a favour and made them have to up their game.
A lot to be said for top two rivalry in a league.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patreon
Aug 7, 2003
Fair enough. I haven't forgiven Luton's animals for making every trip there seem like a war zone. Most unpleasant bunch of wankers ever. Even worse than the chesterfield thugs.

My mother used to go with my dad and my brother every albion game home and away and after being threatened and abused at Luton she never went again!

I remember going to Kenilworth Road in, I think,1969 when I was a schoolboy. Absolute carnage with the skinheads kicking shit out of each other

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Great work Jonesy - expect to see him managing at a much higher level before long.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Never in doubt he'd get them promoted, great to see. Jonesy is definitely destined for bigger and better things.

With them having a new stadium on the way, I think he might stay there for a couple more years and slowly help them build their way up. Definitely hope he avoids the lure of the Championship clubs who seem caught up in a sequence of constant hiring and firing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Congratulations to Mr Jones, at the start of his glorious career. Hopefully we will see him back at the Amex at some point.

Although not versus Luton in the Championship in 18 months time :whistle::rolleyes::lolol:

Ripon Gull

Feb 9, 2012
I am very pleased for Nathan, a good bloke and a good manager. But little Accrington Stanley's achievement is far greater than that of Luton Town. Some of our fans will remember going there to see them play Plymouth Argyle a few seasons ago when our game at Crapburn Rovers was called off at late notice for a waterlogged pitch that wasn't waterlogged. Very friendly and very old-fashioned. I just hope they can hold their own in League One but I'm not optimistic. There is more potential for Luton to survive as they have the necessary infrastructure within their club. Stanley haven't. Incidentally our two loanees didn't get very much game time at all at Accrington.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here