Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] The Tories hit new LOWS with the Windrush situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I find that odd as there was a lady on the radio earlier explaining how she had confirmed her status by showing only one document which was a statement from HM Revenue & Customs confirming the years of payments of national insurance contributions, something which i did myself a few months ago with great ease.

Then if this criteria is acceptable to the Home Office, they have the power to access NIC Records. All they need do is request an NI Number and check the records themselves without the need to even contact anyone, let alone ask them to fill out forms and provide documentation

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I am afraid that one of this poster's debating techniques is to pick on one or two stray words and use them to try to demolish the whole wide sweep of that person's argument. Perhaps he has read too many courtroom potboilers.

Which is why I have now blocked him. Personally I would rather read balanced comment than targeted insouciance.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Told a Labour foot soldier on my door step pushing the local elections that if they got rid of Corbyn and Momentum I'd happily vote for them. Promptly told me to piss off and walked off. What a way to muster potential votes.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Is there a statute of limitations on telling people how you've supposedly blocked people on NSC (for made up reasons)? Why anyone should be proud of being a pretentious snowflake is also a bit baffling ... :rave:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Take any opportunity? You merely have to sit back for a few days and this cluster-**** of a far-right government will deliver a gold-standard **** up right to your front door.

How do Tory voters sleep at night?

Or in your case, two front doors. How do Labour hypocrites sleep at night ?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Told a Labour foot soldier on my door step pushing the local elections that if they got rid of Corbyn and Momentum I'd happily vote for them. Promptly told me to piss off and walked off. What a way to muster potential votes.

Not totally surprised -these people are fanatics and rarely prepared to properly listen to others, so obsessed are they with ideology.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Just when everybody thinks the Tories can't get any worse they do with treating the Windrush people with the threat of deportation , what an utterly morally repugnant government they are and what a nasty , racist piece of work Theresa May is as this lands right on her desk as home secretary.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/apr/15/no-10-refuses-caribbean-request-to-discuss-children-of-windrush?CMP=share_btn_tw

You have obviously be worried about this for decades, I assume.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
It is justified on this particular topic. It is a far right action, which is why the government are hastily back tracking because of the storm it has created.

A woman who has worked in the House of Commons serving their food, is sent to a detention centre? A man being denied cancer treatment? How can you nit pick and quibble about words when people's lives are being ruined?

No it isn’t justified.
Its not far-right to put people in detention centres, our country has been doing that to illegals for years. Its not far-right to refuse people free NHS treatment, our country has been doing that for years as well. Its terrible to put people in detention centres when they shouldn’t be there and terrible to refuse free treatment if they are entitled to it, it’s a terrible mistake no doubt but it isn’t far-right.
I`ll put you down as another bedwetting dullard who uses the term as a casual throw away, belittling its very serious nature.
I dont know how you can excuse such ridiculous language at a time when peoples lives are being ruined.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No it isn’t justified.
Its not far-right to put people in detention centres, our country has been doing that to illegals for years. Its not far-right to refuse people free NHS treatment, our country has been doing that for years as well. Its terrible to put people in detention centres when they shouldn’t be there and terrible to refuse free treatment if they are entitled to it, it’s a terrible mistake no doubt but it isn’t far-right.
I`ll put you down as another bedwetting dullard who uses the term as a casual throw away, belittling its very serious nature.
I dont know how you can excuse such ridiculous language at a time when peoples lives are being ruined.

I'll put your political leanings in the same bracket as Ghengis Khan, if you don't think removing people's civil liberties without cause isn't far right.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Then if this criteria is acceptable to the Home Office, they have the power to access NIC Records. All they need do is request an NI Number and check the records themselves without the need to even contact anyone, let alone ask them to fill out forms and provide documentation

That’s a good idea, if you are ever required to provide documentation as proof of something simply say “you look it up, don’t bother me”
I don’t know why we don’t run the country like this.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is justified on this particular topic. It is a far right action, which is why the government are hastily back tracking because of the storm it has created.

A woman who has worked in the House of Commons serving their food, is sent to a detention centre? A man being denied cancer treatment? How can you nit pick and quibble about words when people's lives are being ruined?

You genuinely believe that the intention of this policy was to deport those who have lived here for years and have a right to do so, and this isn't a tragic case of the baby being thrown out with the bathwater?

And in what way is or will back-tracking occur? I certainly would not expect the government to, metaphorically at least, open up and allow all-comers to use our services, and why would they? What clearly needs to happen is a shift in the burden of proof required, such that those who have lived here for many years are able to easily illustrate that and get on with living their lives in the country they call home.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I'll put your political leanings in the same bracket as Ghengis Khan, if you don't think removing people's civil liberties without cause isn't far right.

Dont be such willfully obtuse berk,anything that has actually happened wrongly has happened in error,when it was thought cause was correctly applied. Its a mistake if it happened in error but people are not having their liberties deliberately stripped in the manner of a far-right dictatorship where cause isnt even a consideration.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
iTS not racist you bell end, Have you seen the level of homeless ness in California? It represents a Mexican.:tosser:

Edited to add.

so you report apost, post that youve reported it(trying to get others to join in), claim its racist but make no attempt to explain why, nice try loser.

You don't think that the depiction of the Mexican is racist ? In fairness, I understand that it's not possible for you to see what you are doing and encouraging.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Can you do me a favour and list, explicitly, who from this thread you believe are not compassionate. Asking for a friend.

Most are- well all in their own way.

Except the resident Looney. But that was to be expected.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You genuinely believe that the intention of this policy was to deport those who have lived here for years and have a right to do so, and this isn't a tragic case of the baby being thrown out with the bathwater?

And in what way is or will back-tracking occur? I certainly would not expect the government to, metaphorically at least, open up and allow all-comers to use our services, and why would they? What clearly needs to happen is a shift in the burden of proof required, such that those who have lived here for many years are able to easily illustrate that and get on with living their lives in the country they call home.

No, that wasn't the intention, but it was a by product of an ill thought out policy. These people were told they were British. They didn't take out British citizenship because they didn't need to, but the act of Parliament in 2014, meant their status as citizens were removed. They didn't have British birth certificates. so they couldn't get a biometric document which later immigrants could. It was a complete oversight.

Combine that with over officious civil servants who then insist on documents of proof which were unavailble due to the length of time elapsed.
Some were told they could pay £229 to take out British citizenship, which Amber Rudd has announced just this afternoon, isn't necessary, but there have been cases where people are already deported, refused cancer treatment and lost their jobs because they didn't have any rights due to the mess up in the Home Office. The statement in the HoC today has already produced an apology to some of them.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Dont be such willfully obtuse berk,anything that has actually happened wrongly has happened in error,when it was thought cause was correctly applied. Its a mistake if it happened in error but people are not having their liberties deliberately stripped in the manner of a far-right dictatorship where cause isnt even a consideration.

They have been deliberately stripped of their liberties albeit by mistake. Refused cancer treatment last November despite paying all his dues in taxes and NI contributions.
Even then alarm bells should have rung that something wasn't right, and the special needs teacher who lost his job last year and has had trouble claiming benefits.
It's only when all this publicity has broken over the last two days, the government has admitted its mistakes.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
First time I have agreed with you, why block someone and then be obsessed with them ???

Vehemently disagree with your politics Ernie but wouldn't dream of blocking you and if I was that way inclined certainly wouldn't go on ... and on ..and on about it :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here