Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
City toasted

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Ah, that chestnut. There is and has been for some years a move towards skill over thuggish bullying. Sorry you prefer the good ol' days of a fag and a pint at half time.

There's nothing hard about pushing someone in the back while they're off balance and no one is looking. It's cheap and cowardly.

But he didn't

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Can we re-arrange our Citeh game for Thursday reckon we'd have them

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Agreed. Over the two legs Liverpool deserve to go through. On their day Liverpool are unstoppable going forward. I just don’t think they’re a great team across the whole pitch like City are so it’s a shame the weaker English side will be in the semi. But that’s why football is great, anything is possible over 90/180 minutes.

They are going out purely down to peps arrogance.

Assumes everyone will bend over to them and not playing Augero (the best striker in the league) is down to his ego.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
City are obviously a superior team to Liverpool. They just got it horribly wrong for half an hour at Anfield and have paid for it in having to play a different game tonight as a result. In truth, both would probably lose to the other semi finalists. But looking ahead to next season I know which of these teams is in better shape to compete for the Champions League. I sound like I dislike Liverpool. I really don’t, they’re great fun to watch. But it’s all a bit crash, bang, wallop at this elite level.

Good points. Regardless of this tie, I only see the usual suspects of Real and Bayern lifting the CL. Each has 20 battle hardened world class players, who've won the lot for club and countries, and can defend.

Liverpool are in work in progress needing a deeper squad, and a defensive midfielder with pace.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Switched over to Roma v Barca 20 minutes ago, brilliant stuff, Roma just equalised now 4-4.

Liverpool with their eyes on the CL if they win SF
Man City wrap up the league this saturday and go to the beach.
Could work out for us, bit of straw clutching maybe.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Switched over to Roma v Barca 20 minutes ago, brilliant stuff, Roma just equalised now 4-4.

Liverpool with their eyes on the CL if they win SF
Man City wrap up the league this saturday and go to the beach.
Could work out for us, bit of straw clutching maybe.

Which puts them ahead on away goals.

Hilarious stuff.

Switch over if you haven't already. Great entertainment. Unfortunately I can see Barca getting a last ditch goal.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Now I know it's well after the event but being 2 - 0 down at H/T against Citeh,I was informed Man Ure were 175 - 1 on Betfair. A few fingers burnt there I would imagine. Ouch.

Just struck me as a ridiculous price for a team that can counter-attack like Liverpool against a side that would have to really go for it.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Preston score again 3-1 poor Dirty Leeds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here