Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
No fear here in the Loz household..Ive seen this up and down many times (7 relegation's from the top tier and 1 to the 3rd tier ) I go to watch my team win football matches and for me the last 4 seasons have just been a bit dull in the league TBH !

I think its because in the premier league unless you are top 6 / 7 you are just a make weight, waiting until its your turn to go down. Mind you for me a fan more games on Saturday at 3 and more Tuesday games is a good thing...for the club its not !

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
It would never happen. Zaha would never play for us and rightly so. He's so Palace he bought Ron Noades house, the one with the Palace crest tiled on the floor of the swimming pool!

And the mosaic of a steaming turd on the bathroom tiled floor.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
With the scheduled games this weekend there's little chance of Crystal Palace (away to Chelsea) being cut adrift in the relegation zone, Newcastle host Southampton and Huddersfield host Swansea, West Ham could grab three points against Burnley but likely the results aren't going to impact greatly on anyone, other than our three at Goodison to see us to all but mathematical safety.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
If I were a Palace fan right now, my biggest fear would be Zaha breaking down and his return being delayed. They're ****ed if he doesn't come back.

Yes, as I stated at the time of his injury...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Back in training. Not far away

Very disappointing if true... still, he could still break down again... here's hoping...

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
No, misheard that, he got the train in with the rest of the squad. It's all part of the 5 Year Plan (Premier League to League One) cut backs.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
If they beat us there will be 4 points between us with 8 games to play. They have 2 games left against the top 6 (3rd & 5th) while we have to play 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th. Their run in is much easier than ours.

If they catch up those 4 points (win 1, draw 1, while we lose 2), the GD will be similar between us.

If they beat us, there's a fair chance they'll finish above us.

Well you have got that completely and utterly wrong!

After we play each other there will only be 5 league games left and not 8, which you strangely suggest. Next, there is no guarantee that if they beat us there will be 4 points between us because that means the gap at the start of the game will need to be 7 points...But we have 3 league games before we goto Selhurst so the gap could be even greater or smaller if things go horribly wrong!

Other than that, an excellent post!

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well you have got that completely and utterly wrong!

After we play each other there will only be 5 league games left and not 8, which you strangely suggest.
:facepalm: There are 9 games left, with 7 points between us. In the hypothetical world where we know they will beat us in the future, we know that they will have at least 30 points, with the results of their other 8 games unknown, while we only know we'll have 34 points, with the results of our other 8 games unknown. A difference of 4 points, with 8 other games unaccounted for.

This point is simply showing that it wouldn't take a lot for them to finish above us.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can’t help thinking that rushing Zaha back is something they’ll significantly regret.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
:facepalm: There are 9 games left, with 7 points between us. In the hypothetical world where we know they will beat us in the future, we know that they will have at least 30 points, with the results of their other 8 games unknown, while we only know we'll have 34 points, with the results of our other 8 games unknown. A difference of 4 points, with 8 other games unaccounted for.

This point is simply showing that it wouldn't take a lot for them to finish above us.

So you are just going to disregard all the games leading up to the Palace match and then score that down as a definite win for them...But in the same breath decide that all the other results of our games are "unknown". If Palace was our next game then your post would actually make sense, but they are not...We are playing away at Everton on Saturday and they are away at Chelsea, I believe.

Your hypothetical world is messed-up as there is even a chance they could be catch us before we goto Selhurst...Or we could be completely our of their grasp.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So you are just going to disregard all the games leading up to the Palace match and then score that down as a definite win for them...
Yes, because that's what it means when you say "IF they beat us".

But in the same breath decide that all the other results of our games are "unknown".
Yes, because we don't know the other results, and it would be too long winded to go through each possible scenario of every game between now and then. There are too many possibilities to consider.

If Palace was our next game then your post would actually make sense, but they are not...We are playing away at Everton on Saturday and they are away at Chelsea, I believe.
:facepalm:
Your hypothetical world is messed-up as there is even a chance they could be catch us before we goto Selhurst...Or we could be completely our of their grasp.
While those scenarios are both possible, the hypothetical point stands. The point is, it wouldn't take a lot for them to overtake us, particularly if they beat us. That's it, a simple point.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here