Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 4 Game Season coming up

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've been having a look at our tough run in and clutching at reasons to be optimistic.

We really need Spurs and Man Utd to do well in the Champions League.

We are scheduled to play Spurs on the 21st April. The Champions League semi final 1st legs are to be played on the 24th & 25th.
We've got Man Utd. On the 5th May, with the Champions League semi final 2nd legs due to be played on 1st & 2nd.

With a bit of luck both of them will have one eye on reaching the final and we might catch them off guard.

It's a long shot ... we may well need to be wrapped up by the time we get to Spurs. If not, might need to hope Burnley are planning their holidays

LVGull

May 13, 2016
I've been having a look at our tough run in and clutching at reasons to be optimistic.

We really need Spurs and Man Utd to do well in the Champions League.

We are scheduled to play Spurs on the 21st April. The Champions League semi final 1st legs are to be played on the 24th & 25th.
We've got Man Utd. On the 5th May, with the Champions League semi final 2nd legs due to be played on 1st & 2nd.

With a bit of luck both of them will have one eye on reaching the final and we might catch them off guard.

Good spot. They do take their eye of the ball.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
4 points down 6 to play for. If we win both takes us to 33pts. Could be 8 or 9 points of the drop zone.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Think the weekend results were spot on for us, the ones I think most likely to go down lost, the borderline ones drew and we won. 3 wins could be enough

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Think the weekend results were spot on for us, the ones I think most likely to go down lost, the borderline ones drew and we won. 3 wins could be enough
3 wins will be enough IF we don't lose to any of Stoke, Swansea or Huddersfield.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Noticed saints have 5 homes left including 3 of the big 5 plus 8 away games. You wonder where thier points are coming from.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Noticed saints have 5 homes left including 3 of the big 5 plus 8 away games. You wonder where thier points are coming from.
Yep, saw that the other day. It's too close to call but Saints and West Ham (along with Dancing Al's boys) may well be in enough of a mess to secure the relegation places.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Am I the only one who finds Chris Hughton,s pre-match sound bites far too complimentary about the strengths of the opposition.

Nope, people post here saying exactly that quite regularly.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yep, saw that the other day. It's too close to call but Saints and West Ham (along with Dancing Al's boys) may well be in enough of a mess to secure the relegation places.

Their recent form isn't too bad (relative to the rest of the relegation candidates) and they have a run of 4 consecutive games coming up against teams around them. 3 of those are away but they seem to be doing as good away as at home.

I'm looking at Watford, arguably an easier run of games but had it not have been for their early season form they could well be bottom now

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011

Huddersfield look the more likely IMO.
No points in 2018.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Fair points re Watford and Huddersfield. Just goes to show that there may well be enough shite in the division to keep us out of the bottom three.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Its very worrying if you look out our remaining fixtures in isolation, but when you look at all 8 teams in the relegation battle at once, its comforting to see that they don't have it any easier than us. Lots of tough games for everyone and plenty of six pointers, which is where the relegation battle will be won and lost.

View attachment 93711
Looking at winnable home matches is one option trying to find clues to what might happen...

Stoke, West Brom, Swansea, Huddersfield and Newcastle all look relatively better than us on this. Only Palace and Soton look relatively worse off.

Is going to the end of the wire.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If any of the clubs in the bottom half win a couple of games they will suddenly be clear of "trouble". However it's hard to see a club capable of doing that (us included) and any that do manage it seem lmore than ikely to drop points subsequently and fall straight back into the danger area.
A good run by any side now will be a massive confidence boost but hard to see beyond relegation being decided by who goes on a bad run right at the death

FWIW my relegation trio would be Huddersfield, West Bromwich, and Swansea with Stoke or Newcastle the next most likely. That said I don't see us finishing more than a point or two clear.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Huddersfield look the more likely IMO.
No points in 2018.

Undoubtedly Wagner rested players v Man U in preparation for their next batch of games where 6 of 8 are against relegation rivals. They will need 4 wins from that lot I think, not out of the question

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well, we now need to beat Swansea.

But at least we can avoid worrying about the league until then ( assuming Man Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea arn't utter tools on Sunday and Monday ).

Time for a Cup Fever break.

:albion2:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well, we now need to beat Swansea.

Of course we all want a win against Swansea, but I don't think it is quite the must win as people are thinking. Lot still to happen and a lot of available points, but I wouldn't consider it a disaster if we drew and were on 29 points with 10 to play - regardless of who they are. I would still back us to pick up 2 wins and 3 or 4 draws from there.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The last day of this four game season tomorrow.

Pretty important that we round it off with a win.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here