Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Put Goldson up front

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yes, and I never said give him a spot to the end of the season.

Cover or not, to release him would be another act of folly.

He was good against Watford, maybe not the all conquering Ferdinandesque performance some raved about, but good none the less. Against Palace in the Cup, not so good, for me. He needs more games, and he won’t get them here, so, a loan is the answer.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Wasn't Chris Sutton a CB?

Or was it Kenny Burns? Oh no, other way around.

Sutton was indeed a CB, I used to know a chap who was on Norwich's books competing with him for a pro contract.
I think Dion Dublin started out as a centre back as well, I don't think anyone worked out where Paul Warhurst played and then closer to home there was the late, great, Paul McCarthy who played up front once or twice (in fairness I think the option was Phil Andrews).
Alan Ferris took off his gloves a few times at Hull to leed the line, perhaps give Krul a go, not Maty, he's too short.

Peteinblack

NSC Patreon
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Sutton was but I think he's a bit too old now. My girlfriend says he was good with his head in and around the box. But I don't think she really knows what that means.

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes, and I never said give him a spot to the end of the season.

Cover or not, to release him would be another act of folly.

You wanted him to have a regular run in the side.....why would releasing him be an act of folly so he can play regular first team football for the rest of the season, if we get someone with experience? What other acts of folly are you referring too

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
You wanted him to have a regular run in the side.....why would releasing him be an act of folly so he can play regular first team football for the rest of the season, if we get someone with experience? What other acts of folly are you referring too

'A regular run' does not = a spot to the end of the season?

Why release him to get games elsewhere, we are a small squad and he has a part to play.

The other act of folly is our failure to recruit properly in readiness for the PL.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
'A regular run' does not = a spot to the end of the season?

Why release him to get games elsewhere, we are a small squad and he has a part to play.

The other act of folly is our failure to recruit properly in readiness for the PL.

Yes you've made your point re regular run in the previous post...as has ben said several times CH is keen to give him regular first team football ..which I assume is until the end of the season ...on the basis we get someone to cover that position

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Yes you've made your point re regular run in the previous post...as has ben said several times CH is keen to give him regular first team football ..which I assume is until the end of the season ...on the basis we get someone to cover that position

I find it alarming, that Hughton doesn't rate him in that case!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I find it alarming, that Hughton doesn't rate him in that case!

I'm sure he does rate him...when has he said he hasn't...he just happens to prefer the centre back partnership of Dunk and Duffy....recognises we have another young centre back that needs to develop...and lets face it this is not recent news is it? He was off to Ipswich at the start of the season until another deal fell through

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
I'm sure he does rate him...when has he said he hasn't...he just happens to prefer the centre back partnership of Dunk and Duffy....recognises we have another young centre back that needs to develop...and lets face it this is not recent news is it? He was off to Ipswich at the start of the season until another deal fell through

To me it suggests he doesn't rate him or he'd surely be happy to have him as 3rd choice CB, rather than bring an unknown quantity in to release him, it is rather odd imho?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To me it suggests he doesn't rate him or he'd surely be happy to have him as 3rd choice CB, rather than bring an unknown quantity in to release him, it is rather odd imho?

:shootself:

Are you pretending to be a bit dim or does it come naturally?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003

I'll explain once and i suggest you read this slowly !

We will sell Lewis Dunk at the end of the season for big money whether we stay up or go down.

Connor Goldson is Dunk's replacement when he is sold.

Until he is sold, CH's preferred CBs are Duffy and Dunk.

Connor Goldson will improve far more over the next half a season by playing football than he will by picking splinters out his arse.

It is because he is so highly rated that we are trying to loan him out.

I suspect I have just wasted my time :lolol:

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
You have, because Dunk will never fetch big money.

Goldson will be better than Dunk & Duffy, I think some of us can already see this.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
You have, because Dunk will never fetch big money.

Goldson will be better than Dunk & Duffy, I think some of us can already see this.

Dunk will never fetch big money....define big (why am i asking this)
Goldson will be better than Dunk or Duffy,,,,,bit early to call that one imho

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Time to think outside the box. If Adam Virgo can do it then Connor can too. He's too good to be on the bench and the only game he's played, he actually looked more like scoring than anyone. And we won. Let's face it we're not going to sign a striker so we need to do something radical.

Oh for crying out loud!

Gazz15

May 13, 2014
Newhaven
Dunk will never fetch big money....define big (why am i asking this)
Goldson will be better than Dunk or Duffy,,,,,bit early to call that one imho

£30 - 50M.

I should have used the word probably re: Goldson, but when I saw Mark Lawrenson make his Albion debut - I instinctively KNEW he was the best defender I had ever seen.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here