Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

IndyRef2...

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
True, but circumstances have changed since the first referendum.

I'd want to recheck the lifeboats if the mothership was sinking too.

:fishing:

larus

If they want to go, good luck to 'em. But, with oil revenues sinking fast due to US shale and needing to have their own currency, they'd be fecked.

Honestly can't see them voting that way. All of the polls point the other way, so this will be then end of wee Krankie too if she has the referendum.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
If they want to go, good luck to 'em. But, with oil revenues sinking fast due to US shale and needing to have their own currency, they'd be fecked.

Honestly can't see them voting that way. All of the polls point the other way, so this will be then end of wee Krankie too if she has the referendum.

On the contrary, they could sell the redundant TRIDENT, finders keepers and all that . . .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Can't blame them at all. They are pro EU and anti-Tory, but run by Tories and being taken out of EU. Previously I was for them remaining part of the UK, but I can get why they would now want to leave.

One this for sure is David Cameron has made a total and utter mess of Britain.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
True, but circumstances have changed since the first referendum.

only material circumstance that has changed is the lower oil price, making independence even less viable. they still wont be able to join the EU for years if they leave the UK, so a vote to leave union is a vote to leave EU too. not what they are telling the Scottish people.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
One this for sure is David Cameron has made a total and utter mess of Britain.

Even my mother, who says he was the "best prime minister since Margaret Thatcher" agrees that he f*cked up (though, as I've never heard her swear, she probably wouldn't put it quite like that !).

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There's no argument economically for the Scots to vote leave but it's about far more than that, it's an ideological one. We did some great things together as The UK, I hope they stay in touch once they've gone.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton

Can we rebuild Hadrians Wall and get them to pay for it perhaps McAlpine can tender for it

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
will it be advisory and not binding?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-39255181

How very European to demand a 2nd referendum because the public didn't vote the way you wanted in the first one.

No surprise, surely ... it's the whole purpose of the SNP.

Exactly. They become a bit redundant without pushing for this!

And as for "how very European", getting out of the EU was the sole purpose of UKIP (which is why they are now looking irrelevant). Had the Brexit vote gone the other way you can bet your bottom dollar Farage would now be hammering on for a second referendum because there'd be no point to him otherwise.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
they still wont be able to join the EU for years if they leave the UK, so a vote to leave union is a vote to leave EU too. not what they are telling the Scottish people.
This is at the very least highly debatable. Scotland are currently in the EU as part of the UK; if they become independent of the UK then it could easily be argued that they don't have to leave. The Spanish won't like it but they are not the only member of the EU.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is at the very least highly debatable. Scotland are currently in the EU as part of the UK; if they become independent of the UK then it could easily be argued that they don't have to leave. The Spanish won't like it but they are not the only member of the EU.
The Spanish have already said they will veto an independent Scotland from joining the EU.

It's amusing to see some opponents of Brexit supporting Scottish independence. Considering the main reasons for their opposition towards the UK leaving the EU were usually economic, 'we're too small on our own, the EU is our main trading partner and freedom of movement', it's fascinating that these ideas are not evenly applied to the far less significant economy of Scotland.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Coo,not having to pay for the EU or the Sweaties-double economic bonus!Hurry up and go n:clap::wave::lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here