Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Zaha a possibility ?

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Well if you are talking about players that are better than him, and talking about the small point of strikers and wingers who score and create, I will start with these players who's statistics were better:

Wilson
Hemed
Zamora
Murphy
Stephens
Baldock
lua lua
Knockhart

That's strange. I didn't think those players had scored any goals in the Premier League last season. Knockaert is a decent player, there's no doubt about that, but Wilf was better in the Championship 4 years ago at 19 years of age. I understand that you lot probably don't see much Premier League football these days, but I am genuinely staggered that you lot could even joke about having a player as good as Zaha. AK is more of a goal threat, but he's not even close to having the same skill on the ball as Wilf does. Wilf won eleven penalties by himself in our promotion season, along with 8 goals and 8 assists. If Knockaert manages to contribute to 27 goals next season then I'll start taking you seriously.

So you honestly feel Zaha's valuation has now more than DOUBLED since he limped back from Old Trafford with his tail between his legs ? Do behave. Yes todays market is batshit MENTAL nowadays, but not quite to that extent. And then you casually throw in the fact that he has no end product, as if that doesn't really matter...for a "£20m+" winger ?? :lolol: Brilliant. So he can drop a shoulder and throw a few stepovers, big deal. Its the equivalent of doing a hundred keepy-uppys. Might look flash, but its ultimately pointless and contributes nothing.

He wouldn't be the best player in the Championship, he wouldn't even be the best player at the Albion (Knockaert is twice the player, because he has goals in him, and that crucial dimension to his game - end product). This weird delusion that some of you lot still carry about Zaha being some kind of footballing demigod is highly amusing to the rest of us.

Jordan f*cking Ibe went for £15m and he isn't fit to clean Zaha's boots.

I'd keep quiet about Knockaert if I were you. He's certainly much better than the rest of the dross in your squad (despite being totally unproven at PL level) but if he's as good as you say then there's no chance he'll be playing for you next season. If Newcastle don't take him off your hands then someone else will. Maybe we could take him as our 5th choice winger behind Bolasie, Zaha, Townsend and Sako?

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A big black beard catches all the dribbles.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I'd keep quiet about Knockaert if I were you. He's certainly much better than the rest of the dross in your squad (despite being totally unproven at PL level) but if he's as good as you say then there's no chance he'll be playing for you next season. If Newcastle don't take him off your hands then someone else will. Maybe we could take him as our 5th choice winger behind Bolasie, Zaha, Townsend and Sako?

That "dross" in our squad went half a season unbeaten, eventually losing 5 games out of 46, and missed out on automatic promotion by the width of a pube. I appreciate its your job to be disparaging on here, but at least try to remain vaguely on the same continent of reality, otherwise it just comes over as complete and utter drivel.

Every player has his price, so there's no guarantees we will retain Knockaerts services. But TB has been playing hardball by knocking back bids all summer so far, so if he does go, it'll be for something ridiculous.

Is Zaha proven at PL level ? Can't say I've been impressed when I've seen him, and he clearly couldn't cut the mustard at OT (kept out by Januzaj ?!). Pacey, but generally disappears up his own arse at the end of a mazy dribble, if he hasn't already fallen over by then. What are his goals and assists stats like ? You know, the hard CURRENCY as to a players worth ? Because PL or not, I've seen nothing in Zaha that I'd prefer over Knockaert, that's for sure.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You guys obviously don't like Zaha,fair enough... must have been those two goals in the play off semi.

But for a fair few of you to say he wouldn't improve your team is just plain laughable, you are letting your bitterness of things Palace cloud your footballing judgement.

Anyway, No answer the OP - No chance and why would he want to move to the championship anyway?

Well he is the 2nd best player in the world, why would he? Clearly way too good for England

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ah the season must be upon us again, the palace trolls are making me feel sick again.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Talking all that sense?

Sent from my Brain using Intellect.
2141891db2abbecd97a9da031e9646f5.jpg

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Zaha had the most successful dribbles of any player in the PL last season; second only to Neymar in all of Europe.

With stats like that, it's quite unbelievable that he's not already at the Camp Nou keeping Messi or Suarez on the bench...

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
That's strange. I didn't think those players had scored any goals in the Premier League last season. Knockaert is a decent player, there's no doubt about that, but Wilf was better in the Championship 4 years ago at 19 years of age. I understand that you lot probably don't see much Premier League football these days, but I am genuinely staggered that you lot could even joke about having a player as good as Zaha. AK is more of a goal threat, but he's not even close to having the same skill on the ball as Wilf does. Wilf won eleven penalties by himself in our promotion season, along with 8 goals and 8 assists. If Knockaert manages to contribute to 27 goals next season then I'll start taking you seriously.

Hey, you are so deluded it's funny. Zaha is a talent, but wasted, read your own message board, as they agree, now be honest how many of those penalties were dives, a good half. I understand that you hate anything that is Brighton and our vastly inferior players did ok last year thank you and I would much rather have Knockhart than Zaha and think probably most would, as he scores, makes goals and takes freekicks, although in the vastly inferior league. Just heard on Sky that the WBA striker will make his make up between Palace and Stoke, but prefers Stoke, think that sums up your club, someone prefers Stoke?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
[MENTION=34607]Not nick rhodes[/MENTION] is fast becoming my favourite poster!

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Now with the news of you spending £8 mill on a player, this has to be dead in the water ?
Think some departures are on the cards now.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
in answer to the o/p
JUST NO

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Now with the news of you spending £8 mill on a player, this has to be dead in the water ?

For something to be dead, it must at one time have been alive.

This wasn't.

(thankfully)

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Wages would be silly for a squad player; even on a free, definitely a no-go from the off.
That aside, wouldn't want him tainting our kit.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Worry about your own crumbling house, not our improvements. Zaha wouldn't be an improvement anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here