Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£4-5 million to be spent of the stadium...

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Interesting interview with Paul Barber there. Our main remaining target is a number 9 with pace who we have already identified. We may add one other if we can. We are prepared to break our transfer record again to get the right striker.

"We have our eye on one particular player, it's going to be difficult to get it done but we are going to try very hard".

Came across as excellent as ever.

For me the complexity angle suggest it might be someone like Jovetic - albeit Naylor says not.

But then the multiple club interest could be either Wood (personally I hope not and Barbers reference to pace being key suggests not also) or Jovetic.

Intriguing times indeed.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Interesting interview with Paul Barber there. Our main remaining target is a number 9 with pace who we have already identified. We may add one other if we can. We are prepared to break our transfer record again to get the right striker.

"We have our eye on one particular player, it's going to be difficult to get it done but we are going to try very hard".

Yeah I took that as we're still working on Dwamena. Assumed this must have been noted before, seems not!

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Yeah I took that as we're still working on Dwamena. Assumed this must have been noted before, seems not!

I haven't seen it anywhere else, but NSC is so busy these days that I tend to miss a lot as I don't have time to spend all day every day reading every post. Nor can I usually be bothered to read through an entire thread with hundreds of replies. NSC just isn't manageable anymore!

Magic Sponge

Jun 17, 2011
House In The Hill
Sorry if this is fixtures and it is something I have riffed on before but I would like to hear that they are putting in some alternative steps for the coach park and another lift. The poor buggers who have to queue for the existing lift have a long wait.

There is another lift being built at the moment adjacent to the existing one but unfortunately it will only be used for the TV companies to get their equipment up and down.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Came across as excellent as ever.

For me the complexity angle suggest it might be someone like Jovetic - albeit Naylor says not.

But then the multiple club interest could be either Wood (personally I hope not and Barbers reference to pace being key suggests not also) or Jovetic.

Intriguing times indeed.

Jovetic = £100k or more a week in wages, in contrast to say £45k a week for our current stars. Could and would the club pay that level?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Many thanks, I don't subscribe. Really interesting.

One of the stand out quotes was by PB - "STAYING IN THE PL IS EVERYTHING".

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Really interesting comment by Barber on 22 mins, we are looking at spending over 16Mil on a particular striker!

That's a bit misleading - he doesn't say that!

I'm confused, was this before CH said that he didn't think we would break our transfer again? It was in the Argus earlier this week

I haven't seen the CH interview, but Paul Barber doesn't explicitly link the striker that we are after with breaking our transfer record again. The interviewer asks him if he would break the record again if the right striker was available, and he says "if we had to, of course, the chairman's backed us, but as I say we have our eye on one particular player". So that could mean if we don't get our target striker we may have to look elsewhere, and that might result in the transfer record being broken again.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Jovetic = £100k or more a week in wages, in contrast to say £45k a week for our current stars. Could and would the club pay that level?

Yes. Crazy to say though it is that's only £5.2m a year meaning a £20m purchase plus wages over a 4 year deal would equate to an amortised sum of £9m a season out of our player budget. In essence is it worth £9m a year to try and guarantee the goals that would keep us in the Prem? Yes it is when you compare that v the £100m a year on offer for being here. I have no doubt their only concern would be the impact that has on overall team harmony but I can bet your bottom dollar that they'd find a way to make it work if the player was willing to come here.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes. Crazy to say though it is that's only £5.2m a year meaning a £20m purchase plus wages over a 4 year deal would equate to an amortised sum of £9m a season out of our player budget. In essence is it worth £9m a year to try and guarantee the goals that would keep us in the Prem? Yes it is when you compare that v the £100m a year on offer for being here. I have no doubt their only concern would be the impact that has on overall team harmony but I can bet your bottom dollar that they'd find a way to make it work if the player was willing to come here.

And if we got relegated, which is say a 50:50 call if we remove club bias, we have that huge contract commitment, on massively reduced income even with parachute payments.

The club will be medium term cash flow planning, including the scenario of Championship football 2018/19 and beyond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here