Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Walking Dead

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
I've not watched it but have read all of the (ongoing) graphic novel which is bloody briliiant. I read that the tv series doesn't exactly follow the story of the original which I suppose might be a good thing when I finally get round to watching it.
It really doesn't. There are similarities ij the broad strokes of the story but there are numerous characters in the tv show that either don't exist or have a different mortality status in the books.

Still worth a watch though.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I absolutely love The Walking Dead, but the latest episode was full of inconsistencies.

1) At the end of the last episode the young whiny lad (Sam ?) was starting to loose the plot and shout out "mum", yet when we see them next he is silent again.
2) How did Daryl overpower and kill the gang member (and get stabbed in the process) without a single one of the remaining 20+ gang seeing or hearing ?
3) How did the rocket completely obliterate every single member of the gang, and yet Sasha and Abraham were completely unscathed.
4) Why couldn't Maggie get down from the lookout tower the same way the girl who rescued her got up ?
5) Since when did Zombies get more attracted to fire than to fresh meat to eat ?
6) Why didnt Rick (or someone else) simply knock out Whiny Sam when started to go into one and carry him to safety, rather than all just standing their watching ?

Oh.... ** Spoiler Alert ** by the way. Sorry. :down:

1) Yeah that was annoying - it was left as though they were literally about to get torn into (which they did, but only after a few minutes wandering and chatting)
2) He is Daryl. trained killer and all round badass so silent killing isn't beyond his powers in my view. BUT the body was clearly visible from outside the side of the front of the truck so one of the gang should have seen it, I agree.
3) Lucky shot?
4) Didn't she scramble up there by the skin of her teeth in the last ep? I suppose the experience might have spazzed her out a bit. Plus there were LOADS of walkers about, and where would she run to?
5) It wasn't just fire - it was a massive **** off explosion. I think the point of this was to attract all of the ones not that close to any fresh meat, thus clearing the remainder of Alexandria.
6) I would have been tempted to knock out Sam the moment he appeared to be honest

:thumbsup:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I absolutely love The Walking Dead, but the latest episode was full of inconsistencies.

1) At the end of the last episode the young whiny lad (Sam ?) was starting to loose the plot and shout out "mum", yet when we see them next he is silent again.

Clearly we've jumped forwards and we just have to assume he was soothed or calmed down.

2) How did Daryl overpower and kill the gang member (and get stabbed in the process) without a single one of the remaining 20+ gang seeing or hearing ?

Daryl is badass. What more do you need to know!?

3) How did the rocket completely obliterate every single member of the gang, and yet Sasha and Abraham were completely unscathed.

See point 2. He knew exactly where to fire it.

4) Why couldn't Maggie get down from the lookout tower the same way the girl who rescued her got up ?

Glenn distracted all the walkers, before he did that they were crowded around it. He created the diversion.

5) Since when did Zombies get more attracted to fire than to fresh meat to eat ?

Only some of them were, we have to assume our heroes carried on slicing and dicing them into the night...

6) Why didnt Rick (or someone else) simply knock out Whiny Sam when started to go into one and carry him to safety, rather than all just standing their watching ?

Knock out a kid, this ain't the movies where a blow to the head leads to a tidy unconscious state, crikey...

Oh.... ** Spoiler Alert ** by the way. Sorry. :down:

Surely if have got this far in the story, you are well versed in running with the plot. Anyway, I thought it was fantastic episode.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Found series 2 at that farm incredibly dull so stopped watching. Has it got any better ?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Found series 2 at that farm incredibly dull so stopped watching. Has it got any better ?

I think they really got it together in season 3, and it slowly got better imo. They also became more ruthless in doing away with characters that weren't appealing to audiences.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I'm part was through S4 and am enjoying it. It's not as good as the comics but that's to be expected, they could never make it that grim / dark for tv or develop the characters to the same level. Like the fact that it's broadly the same but different too as I have no idea who is going to survive (Andrea getting whacked was a surprise!).

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK

Me too. There were constant interminable scenes with two characters alone somewhere talking and talking about their sodding feelings. It's a ZOMBIE programme FFS!!

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I'm on Season 4 atm playing catch up so scrolled quick not to read anything spoilerish.

Just to say I'm siding with the Walkers, Oh and to say Rick and Daryll will be the only ones to make it all the way through to the end of the series IMO.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm on Season 4 atm playing catch up so scrolled quick not to read anything spoilerish.

Just to say I'm siding with the Walkers, Oh and to say Rick and Daryll will be the only ones to make it all the way through to the end of the series IMO.

The Walkers have been great in S6 so far, they're looking a lot more hungry now...

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Has Negan turned up in the tv series yet? Best/worst character in the original.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here