Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leeds Fans targeting Knockaert on Saturday - but his father as well?

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
So, home fans plan to sing disgusting songs in an effort to destabilise our best players, and to turn their ground into a cauldron of homophobia? Just another away game for the Albion then.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
So, home fans plan to sing disgusting songs in an effort to destabilise our best players, and to turn their ground into a cauldron of homophobia? Just another away game for the Albion then.
If only El Hadj Diouf was playing.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Er, I have seen Albion at Elland Road before and the place was a hotbed of homophobia.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Er, I have seen Albion at Elland Road before and the place was a hotbed of homophobia.

At least our goalie wearing pink, for the second half, pacified them. :lolol:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
I love how protective we are of AK's loss of his father.

But yet, when Rohan Ince lost his father shortly after AK's lost his. No one really even mentioned it.

I suppose the better you are at football, the more sensitive you are to losing a close one.

Well done for actually having a moral excuse for this one. The way I see it, a lot of Albion fans probably don't even know Ince has lost his father very recently. Whereas it seems there's fans still grieving the loss of AK's dad. Wouldn't it be better if we left the family sadness for AK away from football? Our fans are banging on about his dad far too much. It's actually quite cringy, especially when you consider Ince's recent misfortune

It was widely known that AK had a strong bond with his father and played a key part in his decision to move from Leicester. He wanted to celebrate his father and transmit to the public that the man he is today, is because of him. For all the criticism from other fans, he only publically paid respect to him once, when he scored against QPR was it? The Bristol game were his teamates, the funeral photograph was put up by the club and the constant pointing to the sky is a celebration he did prior to the death of his father, due to losing his brother. He was/is our key flair player, much loved, in a high performing team gunning for promotion, of course the media lapped it up.

Rohan Ince also lost his father, and the majority of albion fans knew this. However, he seemed not to want it made public and would not have the capacity to allow the media to follow a similar trend even if he wanted to, simply because he is not in the limelight. As far as i'm aware, the only way you would have known about it were due to the black armbands worn by his teamates in whichever game it was.

So i'm not really sure what point you're trying to make. Of course people will talk more about AK's loss for a number of reasons, none of which indicate they mean to make it any more profound or significant than anybody elses similar misfortunes. As for your inane comment about being more sensitive the better you are at football - crass and unnecessary.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
It was widely known that AK had a strong bond with his father and played a key part in his decision to move from Leicester. He wanted to celebrate his father and transmit to the public that the man he is today, is because of him. For all the criticism from other fans, he only publically paid respect to him once, when he scored against QPR was it? The Bristol game were his teamates, the funeral photograph was put up by the club and the constant pointing to the sky is a celebration he did prior to the death of his father, due to losing his brother. He was/is our key flair player, much loved, in a high performing team gunning for promotion, of course the media lapped it up.

Rohan Ince also lost his father, and the majority of albion fans knew this. However, he seemed not to want it made public and would not have the capacity to allow the media to follow a similar trend even if he wanted to, simply because he is not in the limelight. As far as i'm aware, the only way you would have known about it were due to the black armbands worn by his teamates in whichever game it was.

So i'm not really sure what point you're trying to make. Of course people will talk more about AK's loss for a number of reasons, none of which indicate they mean to make it any more profound or significant than anybody elses similar misfortunes. As for your inane comment about being more sensitive the better you are at football - crass and unnecessary.

I was wrong. The fans have showed equal compassion towards Rohan Ince. My observation was clearly wrong as too was my agenda.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I love how protective we are of AK's loss of his father.

But yet, when Rohan Ince lost his father shortly after AK's lost his. No one really even mentioned it.

I suppose the better you are at football, the more sensitive you are to losing a close one.

I think what made it slightly different was the Press reaction to Knockearts fathers death was the Press covered all the players travelling to France for the Funeral. The carrying of the Knockeart shirt by the players after Sidwell goal which was live on TV and then the subsequent interview with the BBC afterwards. So I would say that the Press made it high profile more than the fans. I don't think Knockeart went out of his way to seek the attention. I think it was just that live TV match which sparked their interest in it.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think what made it slightly different was the Press reaction to Knockearts fathers death was the Press covered all the players travelling to France for the Funeral. The carrying of the Knockeart shirt by the players after Sidwell goal which was live on TV and then the subsequent interview with the BBC afterwards. So I would say that the Press made it high profile more than the fans. I don't think Knockeart went out of his way to seek the attention. I think it was just that live TV match which sparked their interest in it.

It is also worth noting that the squad all KNEW Knockaert senior, who was a very regular and popular fixture in the players' lounge at the Amex.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This thread did have binfest written all over it to be fair. No disappointment on that account.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This thread did have binfest written all over it to be fair. No disappointment on that account.
I wonder if we'd have a binfest over the type of bin we use..
7067f7e95bf12838d2199bf81d11ae2a.jpg

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
That's clearly too small, what are you on about?!?!?!

MADNESS!!!!!!!!!1111!!!1!!!1!
Are you ****ing serious?! I only have a small kitchen! Bet you've got an effing skip!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
What a revolting bin. Would a chrome look flip up bin that breaks after a week of having it do instead?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here