Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best player in the Championship

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Agreed. I know Dunk has been superb, but I'm mystified that Duffy never gets a mention. I also agree that it should be position by position. Then I'd also include Bruno.

Yes, I thought about Bruno but I think he's not quite as good as last season, which given he was amazing, means he's downgraded to 'just' brilliant (imo of course).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
It's between Cairney and Shelvey IMO.

Knocky comfortably top 5, with Dunk in the top 10 as well.

Also Ritchie, Hourihane, Pontus, Gayle, Mooy, Kodjia

Then your Hoggs, your Jotas, your Hogans, your Forestieris.

MASSIVELY over-rated

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't begin to think who I'd vote for. About 5/6 players have put in performances such that they'd walk away with it in another year.

David Stockdale
Bruno
Lewis Dunk
Shane Duffy
Anthony Knockaert
Sam Baldock
Glenn Murray

Can all make a decent claim for it.

Stephens. Just LOOK at the stats. No Stephens, no party.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My man crush on Shane Duffy has no limits, therefore hw gets my vote.

The team's defensive unit has gone from very good to outstanding and the only difference is Shane.
Without that rock the others can't shine.

Best real, biggest influence, therefore best player.
But I'm more biased than a palace fan talking up the prospect of playing in Europe next season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
MOOY without a shadow of a doubt.

How the hell Man City allowed him out on load I have no idea. He is definately back there next season and Hudds will really miss him!

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Jordon mutch .

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Stephens. Just LOOK at the stats. No Stephens, no party.

This. It's between Dunk and Stephens for me for POTY.

Hard to call on Championship POTY, don't see enough of them but Shelvey ran the show in both games against the Albion and I'd find it hard to argue against him.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
There's a very decent Championship Under-23s team as well - though I'm stuck for a GK:

Def:
Kalas
Lascelles
Bree
Yedlin

Mid:
Hayden
Lawrence
March
Grealish

Att:
Brown
Abraham

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Agreed. I know Dunk has been superb, but I'm mystified that Duffy never gets a mention. I also agree that it should be position by position. Then I'd also include Bruno.

It's a constant source of debate - choosing one partner over the other.

Last season, the Brighton fans went for Kayal, barely giving Stephens a look-in, while the professionals went for Stephens, with Kayal nowhere.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
This. It's between Dunk and Stephens for me for POTY.

Hard to call on Championship POTY, don't see enough of them but Shelvey ran the show in both games against the Albion and I'd find it hard to argue against him.

Shelvey was largely shackled in the second half down here. Sadly, bog brush Ritchie took over, with a sublime Dunk-esque quarter-back pass of his own. The gonky git.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Leeds fans say he's unquestionably the best player in the league so you're right about him being overrated. Your Pontuses.

I've seen him four or five times this season and he's a run of the mill Championship defender. A real CULT hero with the Leeds fans, I get that - just not a particularly good player.

In the Amex game, rather than just 'not standing out', he actually DID stand out, as the worst performer on the field*. Lost the physical battle with Murray hands down, cried to the ref, got himself booked, got wound up by the flag-waving kids in the SWC, misplaced every third pass, and got subbed off to save his blushes. All whilst wearing gloves, in about 15 degrees.

*except MAYBE the kid who got sent off after about 10 minutes.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Stockdale
Bruno
Lascelles
Duffy
Sessegnon
Cairney
Stephens
Shelvey
Knockeart
Ritchie
Gayle

Subs: Wood, Kodjia, Mooy, Lawrence and some others

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
There's a very decent Championship Under-23s team as well - though I'm stuck for a GK:

Def:
Kalas
Lascelles
Bree
Yedlin

Mid:
Hayden
Lawrence
March
Grealish

Att:
Brown
Abraham

Can we call it 23 and under? Danny Ward of Huddersfield and Bentley at Brentford can qualify then.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I've seen him four or five times this season and he's a run of the mill Championship defender. A real CULT hero with the Leeds fans, I get that - just not a particularly good player.

In the Amex game, rather than just 'not standing out', he actually DID stand out, as the worst performer on the field*. Lost the physical battle with Murray hands down, cried to the ref, got himself booked, got wound up by the flag-waving kids in the SWC, misplaced every third pass, and got subbed off to save his blushes. All whilst wearing gloves, in about 15 degrees.

*except MAYBE the kid who got sent off after about 10 minutes.
But what about his magic hat?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here