Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"....and our biggest crowd of the season!"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
By acknowledging the number of away fans, we are tacitly thanking them for giving us their money despite the difficult logistics involved in getting to the Amex compared to most other grounds. The Villa fans provided a nice little earner and on a Friday evening too.

Yes and the lift it gave their supporters last night could have easily given their players a 1% lift which could have resulted in a goal and a loss of 1 point. Last season showed exactly how expensive that 1 point can be which is quite a few million pounds better than a few thousand Villa fans paid.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Last night the attendance announcement had a noticeable effect on noise levels in the Away End. At a time in the game when we were defending or had just defended 4 or 5 corners on the bounce. Stupid. Give it up.

Or at the very least wait until the final minute.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
After Fridays debacle can you blame people for leaving early? I'll be surprised if anyone takes their seat for the second half at the Leeds game

I'm not blaming them. I'll be leaving early next Saturday against Fulham as only one train back to where I live in Manchester after the match and thanks to the Southern lottery no guarantee of getting to London on time.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
And spend lots of money, and stay in hotels, and drink lots of beer, and eat lots of food, and increase the revenue for the club and local businesses. I suppose that's the price you pay for having your liberties taken.

Yeah, fine. Before and after the match they're valued and welcome visitors to the ground and to the town. But during the game they're 'the enemy'. When the final whistle blows then you can thank them.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It really did set up the open goal of "you're only here for the Villa" and gave a massive boost to the away support levels.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
When I left the ground around around 10:20 ish there was still loads of villians drinking in the away end. Surely all good for the club

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gates are quite encouraging. I carefully chose my season ticket sat with a few empties around so guests could turn up (e.g. visitors for New Zealand who can't go to every game). Hard to get a seat nearby for the last few matches. If it wasn't a few sickness absences we would not have able to sit near each other.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Again, no announcing the Massive crowd before the end of the game tonight please albion.

The last thing I particularly want to hear this evening if it is going against us is "You're only here for The Wednesday".

:albion2:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Again, no announcing the Massive crowd before the end of the game tonight please albion.

The last thing I particularly want to hear this evening if it is going against us is "You're only here for The Wednesday".

They do seem to have paid attention to this and are now announcing after the game has ended...... the power of NSC!!

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Last few games it's been done at the end, so I think they've got it now..........

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here