Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just got in fffffsake.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I know regular fans and season ticket holders who have only been able to manage one out of the four games this season. And from the looks on people's faces, I would say it is beyond the endurance of some.

I got lucky with the 2 coach diesel to Brighton at 10:19 pm. I wonder if the 10:22 actually ran? If I had to wait for the 10:40 like others I would be seriously aggrieved.

PC BHA

Sep 29, 2005
I gather SASTA only told the club about the reduced services during the game, so I think the club deserve some credit for taking the action they did, firstly as good as telling people "leaving early might be a good idea tonight" and then lining up buses to get people to Lewes. I gather they'd also got hold of a number of taxis to also run shuttles from Falmer to Lewes too.

Bozza

You are totally correct. The club and ourselves were notified at around 8pm. Then the contingencies as you mentioned were put in place.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I managed to sprint at FT and get straight on a train back into Brighton. Got there and they literally closed the gates for my connection. Next train from Falmer to Brighton wasn't until 10.22 which my mate had to wait for. He pulled into Brighton as the 10.32 to Chichester was leaving - no Brighton fans made it on.

I had actually managed to get the shuttle to Hove hoping to get the Bognor bound train coming from London which was DELAYED (no surprise there). I waited on the platform at Hove thinking "i'm not getting on this chichester service from Brighton it will be packed.

IT WAS DEAD, like a ghost train. - Southern can't even get timings right. Waste of a train absolute shambles.

Whoislloydy

May 2, 2016
Vancouver, British Columbia
I know regular fans and season ticket holders who have only been able to manage one out of the four games this season. And from the looks on people's faces, I would say it is beyond the endurance of some.

I got lucky with the 2 coach diesel to Brighton at 10:19 pm. I wonder if the 10:22 actually ran? If I had to wait for the 10:40 like others I would be seriously aggrieved.

The 10.22 did run back into Brighton but as it pulled in the Chichester bound train left EMPTY. so fans had to wait for 40 minutes at Brighton for a westbound service.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Living in Newhaven, using the Racecourse P&R is the best option at the moment. We waited until the final whistle, queued for the buses, got to our car around 10.20 and indoors by 11pm.

Whilst the trains are messing around (I believe some of the Seaford trains are being reinstated from next week) if anyone wants a lift from Newhaven for midweek games, we have three spare seats in the back.

SUA Seagull

Jul 23, 2016
Stratford-upon-Avon
I'm on my third train tonight just coming into Victoria. Then it's two tubes after that to my overnight stop and then a tube and two trains home to the Midlands in the morning! Took me two hours to get from London Bridge to hassocks earlier today. Trains are a complete shambles and midweek games are a struggle to get to and from by train. Thank heavens we won! Southern and Thameslink are a disgrace..

On penultimate leg of journey home now..Marylebone to Leamington Spa. Modern, fast train operated by Chiltern Railways. Free wifi. Trolley service. Air Con. The contrast with last night's Thameslink and Southern fiasco could not be greater. Chiltern are nearly always on time and when they're not they keep their customers informed. SASTA please take note.:wave:

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I travelled on a total of five trains last night all of which were delayed. This kind of service is sadly making me think twice about going to the Reading match next week.

Going to be almost impossible to get to the game vs Reading next Tuesday...

Cannot rely on Southern to get me home
No park & ride

So, its shelling out £15 for a car parking space (more than the cost of the ticket!) or listen to it on the radio.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
A quick stroll back to my motorbike parked for free at the stadium, cheeky little bit of filtering to get on the A27 and in work for 10PM in central Brighton. Given the number of bikes at the stadium now I do wonder how long our freebie parking will continue before Mr Barber gets his money making hands on that situation!?

For christs sake keep your opinions to yourself man, he doesn't need anyone giving him any more ideas. I travel by bike in the better weather, the train or driving from Godalming doesn't bear thinking about all season. If I couldn't use the bike for approx. half my journeys I would have to think seriously about giving up my season ticket.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick

I am a season ticket holder and have only managed the Brentford game so far, which is all down to the incompetence of SASTA. I live in Bedfordshire and cannot rely on the trains being able to get me home after an evening kick off.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Living in Newhaven, using the Racecourse P&R is the best option at the moment. We waited until the final whistle, queued for the buses, got to our car around 10.20 and indoors by 11pm.
This is good to know. For how long after the whistle do the P&R buses run...?

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I'm on my third train tonight just coming into Victoria. Then it's two tubes after that to my overnight stop and then a tube and two trains home to the Midlands in the morning! Took me two hours to get from London Bridge to hassocks earlier today. Trains are a complete shambles and midweek games are a struggle to get to and from by train. Thank heavens we won! Southern and Thameslink are a disgrace..

:salute:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
The club did a good job last night , extra busses, taxis etc... however I have asked the club since the Amex opened if a group of supporters, all who use different methods of transport could sit down on a regular basis to chat and see how transport could be improved.

After all there's:

Trains (well sometimes)
Car - 3 x P&R
Car - Uni Parking
Car -Bridge Parking
Car - Stadium
Coaches (seagulls Travel)
Local busses
etc..

Lots of supporters no longer make evening games, it's too much hassle, and the club should see that (a) they're missing out on cash spent at the stadium and (b) far worse, those missing evening games may well ditch their STs.

I'm no sure how many of those who work at the Club on match days use anything other than their car parking space at the Amex.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
On a slightly different note.

Bridge Street Car Park...

Surely someone needs to accept the lengthy queues and frustration experienced trying to leave the car park can be easily resolved if someone manually controls the traffic lights after you come under the bridge!!

Was once again getting very heated last night with the stewards allowing 3 cars a time from each direction only to then have to wait as cars queue to get under the bridge!
This is absolutely true. I was driving one of the first cars out after the match last night. We got through the bridge and the traffic light cycle TWICE went through without allowing anyone through from the bridge. It often does that on the way in but that causes less of a problem. The lights are the major reason why the traffic backs up and eventually stops for ages at a time in the car park itself. It's ludicrous.

Last edited:

The club did a good job last night , extra busses, taxis etc... however I have asked the club since the Amex opened if a group of supporters, all who use different methods of transport could sit down on a regular basis to chat and see how transport could be improved.

After all there's:

Trains (well sometimes)
Car - 3 x P&R
Car - Uni Parking
Car -Bridge Parking
Car - Stadium
Coaches (seagulls Travel)
Local busses
etc..

Lots of supporters no longer make evening games, it's too much hassle, and the club should see that (a) they're missing out on cash spent at the stadium and (b) far worse, those missing evening games may well ditch their STs.

I'm no sure how many of those who work at the Club on match days use anything other than their car parking space at the Amex.

Supporter clubs don't seem to have too much of a problem,that was the way forward and was quite obvious 5 years ago tbh:moo:

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
This is absolutely true. I was driving one of the first cars out after the match last night. We got through the bridge and the traffic light cycle TWICE went through without allowing anyone through from the bridge. It often does that on the way in but that causes less of a problem. The lights are the major reason why the traffic backs up and eventually stops for ages at a time in the car park itself. It's ludicrous.

I guess the club have little control over this but surely some assistance from Sussex Police would ease the congestion within the car park and certainly 'cool' a few fiery tempers?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here