Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] **January Transfer Window 2019**

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Your central point is that I think we need a squad of 33 players ? ???

Certainly not what I said.

Why is it worth engaging with that nonsense ?

No, it really isn't, and I've never said that. I've been extremely clear in what I'm saying, and I'm surprised that you really haven't picked this up. But I'll have one last go. You seem concerned that we've currently only got two left-backs, and that we need three. I'm saying if you extend that principle to every position, then we'd have to name 33 (which we can't) and I'm asking why it is that you're so concerned about the position of left back.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, it really isn't, and I've never said that. I've been extremely clear in what I'm saying, and I'm surprised that you really haven't picked this up. But I'll have one last go. You seem concerned that we've currently only got two left-backs, and that we need three. I'm saying if you extend that principle to every position, then we'd have to name 33 (which we can't) and I'm asking why it is that you're so concerned about the position of left back.
OK, let's do it in detail....

List of players who can play each position :

GK : Ryan, Button, Steele, Sanchez

Striker : Murray, Locadia, Andone, Gyokeres, Connolly

Flank strikers / Wingers : Locadia, Andone, Izquierdo, Knockaert, Jahanbakhsh, March, Gyokeres

Central Midfield : Groß, Pröpper, Bissouma, Kayal, Stephens, Sanders, Bernado

Central Def : Dunk, Duffy, Balogun, Burn, Bernardo

Right back : Montoya, Bruno, ( Schelotto ), Balogun, Bernardo

Left back : Bernado, Bong....

Left back numbers look light to me.

Since my original point, it seems ( Schelotto ) and maybe Balogun can fill in there, but it still looks our position with the least cover.

No need for 33 players at all.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
USG are going to have one hell of a team after another transfer window or two!

apparently he is eligible for a European Passport .... but cant get it that quickly but should have by June ... what that means with Brexit is anybody's guess , he may still have to get a work permit if we are half in half out

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
apparently he is eligible for a European Passport .... but cant get it that quickly but should have by June ... what that means with Brexit is anybody's guess , he may still have to get a work permit if we are half in half out

Depends what EU passport he's after, if it's Spanish or Italian, as is standard with Argentineans then you're right, however the only European ancestry we've heard is Scottish, so that would probably give him a UK passport, which obviously wouldn't be affected by brexit

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
52f61fcbc835de1dd1580a59366da325.jpg

Updated..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As it's another dull as ditchwater day on the Albion transfer front (what's the fookin point) not for the first time this month I just cast my eyes to them up the road.

As usual they are having all the fun:-

- Star man linked to Germany.
- Riedewald ("better than all Albion defenders") move to Celta Vigo off.
- Sunderland transfer target choosing Bordeaux over palace.
- Favourites to sign Tosun from Everton.

What do we get

- Hughton still doesn't anticipate any January signings. :nono:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
8 more days of this, but we should at least get Mac Allister over the line.

Still needs to do the shirt photo, do a visit to Latinoamerican Grill, and watch the FA Cup game in disguise before he gets his plane back.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I do tend to think much like CH that the squad is strong enough as it is for the remainder of this season unless there is a long term injury. With Bernado & Bissouma either back or due back in next day or two that only leaves Izzy as a worry and we have no idea how long he is out for but Ali J is due back in a couple weeks so we should have plenty of cover there.

Combined with a slow integration of some of the U23's we dont have an absolute need for new faces before the summer IMHO so dont know why people are getting so concerned we have not got anyone in especially as they probably would not play for several weeks during their bedding in.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
John Obi Mikel signed for Middlesbrough on an 18 month deal.

What a signing that is for them. Won pretty much everything there is to win in his time at Chelsea, I remember when there was an almighty tug of war between Chelsea and Man U for his services. Still only 31 too, a great coup for Boro.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

What a signing that is for them. Won pretty much everything there is to win in his time at Chelsea, I remember when there was an almighty tug of war between Chelsea and Man U for his services. Still only 31 too, a great coup for Boro.

Hardly a coup. His legs are gone and he’s become injury prone playing only 30 games in two seasons in China.

Not exactly what you need for the cut and thrust of a failing championship promotion attempt.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Hardly a coup. His legs are gone and he’s become injury prone playing only 30 games in two seasons in China.

Not exactly what you need for the cut and thrust of a failing championship promotion attempt.

He's only just turned 31 so I very much doubt his legs have gone, but becoming injury prone is probably the reason why M'boro can sign him and it's not top 6 clubs sniffing after him. If he's not fit then he's obviously not much use but if he plays 75% of the remainder of Boro's season then he will be a sensational signing at that level.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

What a signing that is for them. Won pretty much everything there is to win in his time at Chelsea
You could say the same for Ashley Cole, so presumably Derby will be tearing it up from now on.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
You could say the same for Ashley Cole, so presumably Derby will be tearing it up from now on.

Cole is 38 and past his best, so I would class more as a 'useful addition' than a game changing signing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like we are done now for this window with the only outstanding issues :

- A loan out for Schelotto

- Will Sanchez go back out on loan when Ryan gets back ( before or after Fulham ) ?

I'd definitely like more left back cover ( could be an U23 ), but unlikely that the club share this view.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like we are done now for this window with the only outstanding issues :

- A loan out for Schelotto

- Will Sanchez go back out on loan when Ryan gets back ( before or after Fulham ) ?

I'd definitely like more left back cover ( could be an U23 ), but unlikely that the club share this view.

Schelotto is in Italy today...

D

Deleted member 2719

He could be right, legs don't go until your 35 years old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here