Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Norwood bid rejected!

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Norwood going will have no bearing on our ability to sign a player in January. A) we are a Premier League club any transfer fee we recoup for him will be a mere drop in the PL money ocean. B)He isn't part of the 25 man squad so selling him doesn't free up a spot in the squad.

It was confirmed he'd join Sheff Utd fully in January when he went on loan back in August, the only reason it wasn't a a full transfer then was because of the early transfer window closure for permanent deals this season.

Surely it will release some funds on the wage bill, I would doubt Sheffield United were paying all of his wage. Once we get Suttner and Schelotto off the wage bill I would imagine these three joint wages could fund one loan player for the remainder of the season.
Good luck to Norwood a good player who never quite made it for us.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Surely it will release some funds on the wage bill, I would doubt Sheffield United were paying all of his wage. Once we get Suttner and Schelotto off the wage bill I would imagine these three joint wages could fund one loan player for the remainder of the season.
Good luck to Norwood a good player who never quite made it for us.

Depends on how much of his wages are being paid by Sheff Utd! He was signed by us as a championship player and no doubt he is on that level of wages so it may well be that Sheffield are paying 100% of his wages so no saving to us.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Depends on how much of his wages are being paid by Sheff Utd! He was signed by us as a championship player and no doubt he is on that level of wages so it may well be that Sheffield are paying 100% of his wages so no saving to us.

How long was left on his contract, was any money exchanged or was he a free?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I would hope to get some money for him, he has been playing very well for them.

Yes he has, and he has always been a very good player at Championship level. His days with us were numbered the moment he was surfed over the fans heads on that Falmer to Brighton train, the day we won promotion to the Premier League.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Seeing the way Sheffield United are tearing up the Championship table right now, I wonder if Oliver Norwood could be on his way to creating an unwanted record (as well as setting himself up as a quiz question for years to come)........

"Which player won promotion from the Championship three years running, but never kicked a ball in the PL?"

Although if the Blades do go up, though, they may well keep him, I guess - they may not have the resources to afford to move him on and replace him as soon as they reach the PL like Fulham and us did.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Seeing the way Sheffield United are tearing up the Championship table right now, I wonder if Oliver Norwood could be on his way to creating an unwanted record (as well as setting himself up as a quiz question for years to come)........

"Which player won promotion from the Championship three years running, but never kicked a ball in the PL?"

Although if the Blades do go up, though, they may well keep him, I guess - they may not have the resources to afford to move him on and replace him as soon as they reach the PL like Fulham and us did.

Sounds better when you say....
What ex Man Utd player........

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
If anyone is interested in thev fee recieved for Norwood it was around 2 million

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1110587414555344896[/tweet]

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
On course for a third straight season being promoted to the Premier League. Will he finally get a game at this level next season?

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Good for him. He did ok for us but would have got limited game time. Good move for all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here