Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] AFC Bournemouth vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not against the big boys, but the others, why not?

I would rather see us creating and losing to defending and losing.

I really don't see it as a gamble.

Because we absolutely must stay up. Relegation would be a huge disaster for the TB/PB strategic plan.

CH gave us that amazing points tally mainly from dogged defence and nicking points.

We can leave Champagne football until the day we have a quality squad able to control complete matches.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Not against the big boys, but the others, why not?

I would rather see us creating and losing to defending and losing.

I really don't see it as a gamble.

Definitely. Equally as frustrating at the end of the day, but defending and still losing is just depressing in terms of a spectacle. We don't half seem to shoot ourselves in the foot one way of the other away from home though . must piss hughton off no end!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Because we absolutely must stay up. Relegation would be a huge disaster for the TB/PB strategic plan.

CH gave us that amazing points tally mainly from dogged defence and nicking points.

We can leave Champagne football until the day we have a quality squad able to control complete matches.

Remind me of our points tally away from home whilst defending doggedly, since being in the Prem?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Until it all unravelled due to the ref’s incompetance (again!) I was really enjoying that game. It was a gamble worth taking and if we perservere with it against teams not in the top six away from home, it may well earn us a win or two. Hope we don’t go back to the 10 men behind the ball, we nearly always lose away anyway, so I’d rather be entertained and lose if it’s OK with you :smile:

This game comes down to two things. One, they put telling crosses into the box for their players to get on the end of, we wasted all of ours. The second thing is they put their chances away when they had them, and we didn't. We are just not clinical enough in the final third.
I think it was an even game other than that. I enjoyed watching the way we played in the first half and spells in the second half. I think we have to be brave and have a go, but we become predictable and look void of ideas when we don't score. Brooks is a really good player, but we made him look world class the way we backed off and let him have all that space.
With the scum winning at city today, it was not a great way to start the Christmas holidays.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Now think the team just isn't strong enough. Signing or signing's required in January to stay out of the bottom three

It's strong enough to stay up for me but I would like to see another striker and centre midfielder. Huddersfield and Fulham are almost certainly down with one of Southampton, Cardiff, Burnley and Newcastle, all of which are much worse teams than us in my opinion.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Completely agree , something strange in the psych of the team as well, we were miles better in the second half against Chelsea. We do lack the killer instinct/cutting edge.

This game comes down to two things. One, they put telling crosses into the box for their players to get on the end of, we wasted all of ours. The second thing is they put their chances away when they had them, and we didn't. We are just not clinical enough in the final third.
I think it was an even game other than that. I enjoyed watching the way we played in the first half and spells in the second half. I think we have to be brave and have a go, but we become predictable and look void of ideas when we don't score. Brooks is a really good player, but we made him look world class the way we backed off and let him have all that space.
With the scum winning at city today, it was not a great way to start the Christmas holidays.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I've got to say that lad Goldson is having a super season for Rangers and such a snip at £3 mill.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

I really do get the feeling that unlike Brexit, we have a relegation contingency. Could you really imagine us not having that Plan B? Chill out there fella.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Brooks was the difference, two very well taken goals. I'd have him at our place. As for our performance, I liked the fact we took it to them, it doesn't happen very often. If Dunk hadn't been sent off by that complete and utter c*nt who knows?

D

Deleted member 2719

I still don't see it as a gamble.

Howe always beats us, i think he has the perfect balance of play and they can kill off teams when needed.

I wouldn't mind betting he has one of the best records against us over the past 5 years or so.

Game of two halves, we didn't appear to do much after the break.

Aspinall is on now agreeing it's about making chances and taking them.

That's how I have always seen it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really do get the feeling that unlike Brexit, we have a relegation contingency. Could you really imagine us not having that Plan B? Chill out there fella.

Barber said “Staying up is everything”. I think we will btw.

Championship cash inflows, even with the brief help of parachute monies, are insufficient to run the Albion and keep our squad together. Hence Barber’s honest assessment.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I thought selling him was foolish, and just hope we have a buy back clause. He's better than Duffy IMO, and more than adequate cover for Dunk. He'd have been guaranteed 6 starts at least and made the other 2 work for their places, as opposed to being the first 2 on the team sheet regardless of performance

I've got to say that lad Goldson is having a super season for Rangers and such a snip at £3 mill.

Brooks was the difference, two very well taken goals. I'd have him at our place. As for our performance, I liked the fact we took it to them, it doesn't happen very often. If Dunk hadn't been sent off by that complete and utter c*nt who knows?

The first card should have been for Bissouma, not Dunk. So I don't know if we can appeal against it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I still don't see it as a gamble.

Howe always beats us, i think he has the perfect balance of play and they can kill off teams when needed.

I wouldn't mind betting he has one of the best records against us over the past 5 years or so.

Game of two halves, we didn't appear to do much after the break.

Aspinall is on now agreeing it's about making chances and taking them.

That's how I have always seen it.

Howe has better midfielders who control games. Possibly a result of having so many more PL transfer windows than us?

D

Deleted member 2719

Howe has better midfielders who control games. Possibly a result of having so many more PL transfer windows than us?

Or better coaching and team selecting from Howe and his team in going forward and not just their defending duties.

I just feel we have worked so hard in defending for the past 2 years the flair has been kicked out of the side.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Or better coaching and team selecting from Howe and his team in going forward and not just their defending duties.

I just feel we have worked so hard in defending for the past 2 years the flare has been kicked out of the side.

Perhaps the Always Ultras let it off:wink:

It's a massive worry when you look at our next 6 games. We might get a point at West Ham or Everton if we are lucky, but we could be sitting here in 6 games time still on 21 points, which would mean 9 loses in a row. That would take us from a comfortable mid table position, to just outside the relegation zone.
Before I get accused of bed wetting, I am just being realistic about the situation. We are definitely a better team than we were last season, and I still think we have a better chance of survival than some others, but we need to start picking up points again soon, or the confidence will start to fade and the rot sets in.
Having said that, who knows, we might stuff Arsenal and Man U again? Gotta love being in the PL!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here