Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Florin Andone (LEAVES BY MUTUAL CONSENT)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
The players you get to sign when you are a Premier league club is unbelievable. Already excited for the new season and i haven't got over this one properly.

Amazing really........signing a couple of full internationals almost as soon as the window opens. Happy days.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Reading Spanish journalists, there seems to be a consensus that this is an especially cheap deal. Some admiration for our recruiting prowess (Gross being mentioned).

Not a player expected to set the league alight (you don't at the prices most of the league can afford) but seen as a Murray upgrade. Player highly credited for work rate.

Must be some player to be classed as an upgrade on Murray. Lets face it Murray is superb and has been all his career,

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Must be some player to be classed as an upgrade on Murray. Lets face it Murray is superb and has been all his career,

If he gets 10 or 12 goals next season and is industrious as reported then that's an absolute steal.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
The competition for who is going to start upfront between Murray, Locadia, and Andone is going to be interesting next season, especially if a lone striker is still the preferred choice in most games. A lot of money maybe left on the bench at times. Nice problem to have for CH, I guess.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolute bargain on the face of it, another fantastic piece of business by the club.

I'm not entirely sure having a £15m offer rebuffed, relegation, then a £5m contracted offer accepted represents a fantastic piece of business by the club.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The competition for who is going to start upfront between Murray, Locadia, and Andone is going to be interesting next season, especially if a lone striker is still the preferred choice in most games. A lot of money maybe left on the bench at times. Nice problem to have for CH, I guess.

If Murray starts then something has gone horribly wrong.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Well this is just plain ridiculous, are the club deliberately trying to ruin our summer!?

2 signings and we're not even at the end of May bank holiday. If we conclude all our business before the summer solstice, what exactly are we meant to get anxious about during July? :shrug:

Bit of an own goal making signings this early by the club. This is the entertainment industry, bunch of dullards.:nono:
We have had a wonderful start to the window, and there's not too much more to do, but never underestimate the ability of agents to drag a will-he-won't-he saga out right up to deadline day.

:albion2:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yeah, Gross was a waste of a few million as well.
Blimey I can't believe I'm having to write this but for the hard of thinking I'll add:-

I'm not entirely sure having a £15m offer rebuffed, relegation, then a £5m contracted offer accepted represents a fantastic piece of business by the club, as it does represent some absolutely appalling business from Deportivo, for which the Albion have taken advantage.

Last edited:

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Right; I've had time to reflect and as my mirror says to my face - this looks ****ing good.

Time to lash one off over the length of this contract and the relative size of his fee.

There has been a disturbance in the force.

As the local Toon army brigade are want to say: We're ganna win the League, The FA cup, the League cup, and the Champions League and we're not even in it. That's how much better this man is going to make this club. We have arrived: destination dry ice, dwarfs on stilts, fireworks and Knocky jumping his pimped up v e h i c l e through a ring of fire whilst Bruno finger picks Hotel California on his Spanish guitar, that he and Calde whittled from a storm blown Mountain Ash whilst walking in the foothills of Snowdonia.

Optimistic caution.

Last edited:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

I can’t get rid of the feeling that we’re going to see Locadia play out wide

Locadia - Gross - Jose playing just behind Andone.

:drool:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
From the video footage he looks very much like a Sam Baldock type player , this is no slight on either player but the similarities are quite stark in that video .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not if he's banging them in
That would still require Murray to be starting ahead of them both, which would have to mean something has gone horribly wrong, twice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here