Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
the snow, as it is seems to be fragmenting in situ

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Anyone else waiting for a head teacher to make decision??

Other than in parts of East Sussex, they're all open. I know a couple of headteachers, who say the backlash they get from pushy parents who run businesses who are fuming when they have to have their kids at home on a snowy day, gives an added pressure not to close.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Other than in parts of East Sussex, they're all open. I know a couple of headteachers, who say the backlash they get from pushy parents who run businesses who are fuming when they have to have their kids at home on a snowy day, gives an added pressure not to close.
Hove Park Lower school (valley years 7-9) is shut.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
You can have some of ours if you like. 10 inches and still falling. Strong winds, snow drifting on the higher roads, black ice. Absolutely horrendous. No more thundersnow though. It is so bad, some locals are no longer wearing shorts.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Screenshot_20180301-074720.png

10 mins ago. Looking like the worst is still to come.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I’m baffled
Schools shutting, bbc saying heavy snow this afternoon yet looking on netweather the snow will be past us in 30 mins and there doesn’t appear to be anything else. Is this band of snow expected to stall and increase in intensity?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I’m baffled
Schools shutting, bbc saying heavy snow this afternoon yet looking on netweather the snow will be past us in 30 mins and there doesn’t appear to be anything else. Is this band of snow expected to stall and increase in intensity?

I was thinking exactly the same thing. It seems like any excuse to close a school.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You can have some of ours if you like. 10 inches and still falling. Strong winds, snow drifting on the higher roads, black ice. Absolutely horrendous. No more thundersnow though. It is so bad, some locals are no longer wearing shorts.

That's nothing. Drifting up to 6 feet in central Scotland, even the motorways are blocked.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Only other explanation I can see is the snow kent way is expected to drift west and maybe south a little but that doesn’t seem that likely

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I’m baffled

Such contrasting forecasts all over the place. BBC has it heavy this afternoon. Met office has it heavier this morning

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
My son's college in Bexhill closed 'due to unpredictability of weather'. If they use that reason again, bearing in mind our maritime climate, students will miss most of the school year.

Tiniest snowflakes here in Eastbourne and virtually no snow on the ground.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
https://mobile.twitter.com/HpsHove/status/969108553230319616?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

I wonder why, when there's been no snow since Tuesday; possibly due to dangerous icy paths etc?

Did nt stop them having the mother of all snowball fights yesterday lunchtime apparently!

I wonder if they can’t get the minimum number of staff needed to cover both campuses. I agree it’s a bit pathetic though as I am sitting on a train to London.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
The school leadership is often female, with predominantly female staff. Early in the week they typically caught unaware by the few cms of snow so kept schools open, rightly. As the week has progressed and the females have whined on they have built themselves into a frenzy leading to closing schools just because there is snow forecast 50 miles away. They just look at the news and say it’s snowy! Clueless.

There is no reason to close any schools on the south coast today, it’s all gone/hasn’t appeared.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here