Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] The Award-winning official "More Snow Tomorrow?" Thread [2023-24 Season]

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I took this yesterday showing clouds just South of Worthing. I guess it’s similar now?
1d71407eca8f89ce5ab0f82dbe8e4474.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20180228_100242.jpg

Today

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
[MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION]

Guy I work with has a weekend in Exeter planned, driving down Thursday evening M4, M5 with his 2 girls aged 5 and 3 with him.

I’m trying to convince him not to go but he’s adamant it’s all being exaggerated, is there anything tangible you can give me to try and convince him it’s a really bad idea.

If he doesn't absolutely have to go then he is a bit of an idiot. If it was just him I'd let him go and bugger the consequences, but with 2 young kids ... blimey. Things may be just fine, but why risk it if you don't have to.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I am amazed that it can happen - I had always assumed that you needed high humidity for thunder.

Just higher instability

One measure of the inherent instability of the air is CAPE which this chart shows an area of enhanced instability off Newcastle about now.

3-505UK_bgv8.GIF

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Up here in Crawley we had another centimetre or 2 overnight, the lowest temp I could see was -8 for here around 7am with -10 at Charlwood/Gatwick!

I've got no idea what's going to happen Thurs/Fri/Sat, hope that helps. ;o)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Very frustrating - just look at all that snow going to waste, esp as the streamer starts just off the coast of West Sussex... (just pop out and look south if you're in the area, and you'll see it, just offshore)

Looks like the IoW, South Devon and possibly the Lizard could see a decent fall today

Snowing heavily on the Lizard and further inland now, school's being closed

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Why are the forcasts so bloody varied for Brighton

Thursday snow between BBC 7-9am / Sky says between 5-9am

Friday snow between BBC 8am-8pm / Sky none ?

As for the met office website it says "Sorry -We're experiencing a problem getting forecast data. Please refresh the page or try again in a few minutes"

They haven't got a scobby doo have they

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Had an extra 1 cm last night in Uckfield on top of our 4+ inches from Tuesday night / Wednesday morning. We'd lost a good chunk of the base Wednesday afternoon when the sun came out, though. Made my work commute this morning (only took 3 hours thanks to the A22 having areas around the county borders that weren't properly gritted and an accident on the M25 that closed it briefly). Will be heading home early tonight as I expect the A22 will still have treacherous areas, then WFH tomorrow and Friday (always do on Friday's, just tomorrow that's the bonus).

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
looking at the latest models (look at me go!!) the weather for tomorrow has changed with a much higher chance of snow all day for Sussex and even the BBC has now changed in the last hour to snow tomorrow having said previously none till Friday

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Why are the forcasts so bloody varied for Brighton

Thursday snow between BBC 7-9am / Sky says between 5-9am

Friday snow between BBC 8am-8pm / Sky none ?

As for the met office website it says "Sorry -We're experiencing a problem getting forecast data. Please refresh the page or try again in a few minutes"

They haven't got a scobby doo have they

Earlier on the met office had snow from 5am to 1pm tomorrow for newhaven

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here