Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Match Of The Day 03/02/2018 - Official Thread

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It was a poor edit though which missed out West Ham's free header that Duffy cleared from just in front of Ryan (and put it in a really crap one after their goal). I think he just meant they were getting into the game and starting to look dangerous which, at that point, was true.

Yeah, I wanted to look at that. When we were 2-1 wasn't it? Arguably a key moment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It was a poor edit though which missed out West Ham's free header that Duffy cleared from just in front of Ryan
Not just the edit, the stats say they only had 1 shot on target, presumably it must have been 2?

I think he just meant they were getting into the game and starting to look dangerous which, at that point, was true.
But that's nothing like what he said, so why would you think that's what he meant? Yes they'd come into the game, but had the goal really been coming? Nah.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
They did not mention the clear hand ball in the first half , clear penalty to me. The defender blocked the shot with his outstretched arm , Murray got sent off last season against Massive for the same thing

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They did not mention the clear hand ball in the first half , clear penalty to me. The defender blocked the shot with his outstretched arm , Murray got sent off last season against Massive for the same thing

Agreed, and my Dad referenced Murray v massive too :thumbsup:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

On MOTD ? Jonathan Pearce in the commentary discussed it over a replay. Not a pen was his verdict.

handball.png

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
What was his reason? I thought it was because his hand was raised. Or is that not a thing anymore?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ball to hand. Too close. Couldn't get it out of the way. Not deliberate, so not a foul. (according to Pearce)

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
What was his reason? I thought it was because his hand was raised. Or is that not a thing anymore?

Thanks. I suppose he has a point. The ref agreed so that is that.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Very strange. I quite like Shearer's analysis these days normally but that one seemed under-prepared. I wonder if the very slack mistake of confusing Knockaert and Izquierdo was spotted and it threw him off his stride.

Shearer is okay, but he can't help, when doing the Albion analysis, to start quoting stats on us not scoring goals.
Why not, just be positive from the start about the Albion performance!
Every time I watch him, I can always see a credible Harry Hill impersonator :lolol:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Although according to Jonathan Pearce, when West Ham equalised, the goal had been coming (WTF, they only had 1 shot on target all game, and only 4 shots in total?) and at half time his only comment was that Moyes would be happy with his team's application (or something). Idiot.

Err no, they had definitely started to get on top. We had started to sit back and had started giving them too much time in midfield.

Their goal followed two really dangerous crosses from Cresswell resulting in two free headers on goal.

Half time came at the right time for us and then we were different class in the second half.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
The sky highlights are obviously better as the coverage is greater. I hadn't twigged that Cresswell took out Knocky after Knocky had put him on his arse in the previous attack.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Err no, they had definitely started to get on top. We had started to sit back and had started giving them too much time in midfield.

Their goal followed two really dangerous crosses from Cresswell resulting in two free headers on goal.
West Ham had started to play better (that's not saying much), but it wasn't right to say 'it had been coming', because a couple of attacks doesn't mean it's been coming. We hadn't been under the cosh for 15 minutes or anything.

Half time came at the right time for us and then we were different class in the second half.
Don't disagree with that.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

and Sam Byrom was finding attacking space then, as we went asleep for a while.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Don't think it was remotely comparable to Muzza against Massive. Murray was about 10 yards away and put both hands up to protect his face (or make a decent save). Defender yesterday was about a yard away and falling over.

Jul 7, 2003
It was a poor edit though which missed out West Ham's free header that Duffy cleared from just in front of Ryan (and put it in a really crap one after their goal). I think he just meant they were getting into the game and starting to look dangerous which, at that point, was true.

For pure entertainment should also have showed when Hernandez kicked the ball into his own face.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here