Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next Season's Worst Away Fixture

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Stoke. I made the mistake last time of walking back from the ground to the station along the canal. In the dark. Not recommended.

Jan 22, 2017
If they come up - Reading.

Awful flat pack Stadium, cringeworthy fans and ****ing miles away - from the NE anyways. Stoke is another, only it's one of our closest ones. Swansea too is just boring.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stoke. I made the mistake last time of walking back from the ground to the station along the canal. In the dark. Not recommended.

Ahh...so it was you then I had that encounter with under the bridge.

I thought you were very tender TBH x

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
While it's the game we all want to attend Palace at Selhurst. Rubbish view, poor stadium, being locked in after the game and then treated like cattle by the police.
Yes I'd love a ticket but it's the game we love to hate.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
While it's the game we all want to attend Palace at Selhurst. Rubbish view, poor stadium, being locked in after the game and then treated like cattle by the police.

Gets my vote as well its just all the baggage that comes with the game. I just wonder what draconian measures the Met will bring in for this fixture given that they wanted to ban all away fans for the play off game and only relented with photo id and keeping everyone back for what seemed liked days.

Jul 7, 2003

This, but you can have my ticket. I would rather watch it on a dodgy internet stream with adverts popping up every two minutes than give money to Palace and let the Police treat me worse than cattle - at least cattle get fed, watered and allowed go to the toilet!

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Bournemouth is a sh*t away day IMO, won't be fussed at all if I miss out on tickets for it.

theboybilly

With the Merseyside & Manchester clubs involved in Europe it's likely our games will be moved wouldn't you think? That'll involve hotels for me so no problem there as there's loads to do in both cities. Burnley's okay too - a bit rough around the edges but it's not the worst place in the world (for me anyway) Stoke? Last time I went there was at the Victoria Ground which I thought was a terrific ground -real old school with a great atmosphere. I didn't linger in town though. So for me it's the London games that don't inspire me, especially after our last visit to WHL. And of those I have to agree with [MENTION=17545]Arkwright[/MENTION], Selhurst Park is the least enjoyable away game in my humble opinion. I'll probably go (despite saying I wouldn't) but I just hope it's early in the season on a sunny Saturday afternoon so I can ride up then get out of Dodge

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Palace is Palace, we all know what it is like and what's going to happen.
Everybody seems hung up on Stoke and Burnley, but, for me the two away (and Home) matches i am not looking forward to is Manchester United and Chelsea.
Unless you drink and eat outside of the area, both have the most horrible, sarcastic, nasty, up themselves, in fact every negative adjective I can think of.
There are others, Arsenal and Tottenham spring to mind and maybe West Ham, but Man U and Chelsea are far far worse.
I know its asking a lot but if we can get a draw or even a win against these 2, then i would be like a dog with 2 dicks.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Stoke. I've been there multiple times and I think we've lost every time. It's a horrible ground, in the shittest town in the UK and the fans are horrible. The fact that Delilah is their song which is about smacking your missus about sums it up.

Burnley next year is a game worth going to. It's something we can realistically get something out of. Barnes v Duffy will be worth watching.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Stoke. Shithole

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If they come up - Reading.

Awful flat pack Stadium, cringeworthy fans and ****ing miles away - from the NE anyways. Stoke is another, only it's one of our closest ones. Swansea too is just boring.

Fair shout actually....even though it's not too far, it's total crap. Horrendous traffic afterwards too.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've nothing but respect for the die-hard Albion fans who travel to away grounds and spend their hard-earned doing so. So, on that note, being a plastic tosser - I'm going to guess at Burnley in January, evening match, when it's extra cold. It'll probably be snowing, too..

Second to that, Reading on a Sunday - battling with everyone doing their shopping at the stupid circle of superstores surrounding the place.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Watford. Nothing massively horrible, just an extremely dull place.

It's only the high street that needs the regeneration treatment away from the Jeremy Kyle set design!
Apart from that, it's a great shopping experience, not that I'm into that sort of thing.
New cinema venue being built.
All set for Albion's next fanbase PL visit :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here