Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Palace season ticket holders letter

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Yep - they don’t even have to wait for a change in the law if they wait until they’re in League 1 the season after next.

As I understand it the ‘law’, (Football Spectators Act), only requires that clubs in the top two divisions provide every spectator with a seat not that the spectators must sit in them. On that basis wouldn’t railed seating be legal?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Whilst the 'dressed all in black and looking fierce' ultras made a lot of noise at the Amex for the league game, I thought the cup game was louder without them.
It was as if the 'real' supporters had been let loose for the night.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
As I understand it the ‘law’, (Football Spectators Act), only requires that clubs in the top two divisions provide every spectator with a seat not that the spectators must sit in them. On that basis wouldn’t railed seating be legal?

Not an expert on the FSA, but I do know that many of the original clauses have been amended by subsequent legislation. I also know there’s a split in power between central government and the local council (the licensing authority). I’m about 3 years out of date currently...

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
They could put safe standing IN the goal.

I'd assumed they already had that, judging by how safely Hennessey stood on his line today and let Kane's header go over his head, rather than doing anything dangerous like actually trying to save it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here