Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Babacar & Dembele - both seemingly available this window

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Sorry to go all Donald Trump but how come the shitholes can sing players but we cant?

Remember windows gone by when we would be linked with a player but so would say........ Stoke or Burnley.

We recoiled in horror that they would choose to go to those shitholes in the Prem and not beautiful Sussex to play for Brighton in the championship.

Now we have Prem money we still cant entice them.!!

Maybe we should stop lying about Brighton and own up that it too is a shithole, then the new players will come flooding in. ???

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Going on last summers window, players appeared to be added to the list in the final day or even final hour of the window, so it is still early yet.

I still can't believe I stayed up til stupid o'clock to find out that we'd not signed Vincent Janssen. Kind of like an anti climax to an anti climax.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
I still can't believe I stayed up til stupid o'clock to find out that we'd not signed Vincent Janssen. Kind of like an anti climax to an anti climax.

i can't believe we appear as a club to have learned nothing from that window and three points were lost last weekend to a team that had not won for 20 games. the 6 weeks from January 1st had winnable games but 5 points I expected us to get have already been lost. Lose to West Ham, Saints and Swansea and our season will be over.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
i can't believe we appear as a club to have learned nothing from that window and three points were lost last weekend to a team that had not won for 20 games. the 6 weeks from January 1st had winnable games but 5 points I expected us to get have already been lost. Lose to West Ham, Saints and Swansea and our season will be over.

We didn't lose against west brom because of a lack of a striker. We lost because we were ****ing shit.

A new striker (as well as one or two other players) would be most welcome though.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Dembele has already turned us down, according to reports...

I hope we've made it clear to his agent that for every week he holds out (to go to a bigger club - which roughly translates as 'more money') his wages if he signs for us are going down by £5K a week.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I hope we've made it clear to his agent that for every week he holds out (to go to a bigger club - which roughly translates as 'more money') his wages if he signs for us are going down by £5K a week.
I can imagine what his reply would be!

The power is all with the players and agents these days, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I can imagine what his reply would be!
I'll run down my contract at Celtic (and then have no income if no-one meets my demands) - although maybe he doesn't understand that last bit.

The power is all with the players and agents these days, unfortunately.
Maybe, for the top, top players, but sooner or later some of these youngsters that think they are world beaters and worth a king's ransom (cough: Chelsea loanees) are suddenly going to find themselves without a contract. £0 per week wages, and presumably still a greedy agent to pay.

They might think - or their agents might tell them - that they are worth £80K - £100K a week, or whatever, but if every club that is interested says no, we don't want you for that much, and walks away, they will be left with nothing (well, probably quite a lot in the bank if they've been sensible, but no income).

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
I'll run down my contract at Celtic (and then have no income if no-one meets my demands) - although maybe he doesn't understand that last bit.

Maybe, for the top, top players, but sooner or later some of these youngsters that think they are world beaters and worth a king's ransom (cough: Chelsea loanees) are suddenly going to find themselves without a contract. £0 per week wages, and presumably still a greedy agent to pay.

They might think - or their agents might tell them - that they are worth £80K - £100K a week, or whatever, but if every club that is interested says no, we don't want you for that much, and walks away, they will be left with nothing (well, probably quite a lot in the bank if they've been sensible, but no income).

Sadly true. Could even end up like Nile Ranger:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/spor...ews/ex-newcastle-united-striker-nile-14113061

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can we use this thread to moan about rumours Swansea are close to signing Kevin Gameiro?
That's not possible.
Aren't you aware of the FACT that a lowly club is unable to attract and sign strikers.

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017

Unfortunately the player has the power in this case - or at least would have had at the start of the window... let's hope we remain an option. Unlike some of the players we've been linked with, I can see him really adding quality.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Musa and Niasse for me. Gonna cost what? £20-30 mil for both. Settled in the country, decent ages, pace, points to prove, would be assets if we're in the championship.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Unfortunately the player has the power in this case - or at least would have had at the start of the window... let's hope we remain an option. Unlike some of the players we've been linked with, I can see him really adding quality.
On the other hand, he could be out of work come July. He'll probably get work then - but only what somebody's prepared to offer him, which may be a lot less than the inflated amount he's probably got in his head, now that his agent's filled his head with ideas that the top six are gagging to sign him. Which they're not (although after a successful 18 months with us in the PL, they might).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here