Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dick Knight rumour

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Seen him queuing for the standard 1901 toilets a couple of times at HT so he definitely isn't in the Directors area - or at least doesn't like their loos.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Saw him at plenty of away games this season, stood next to him at Watford.

Wonder what the old boys been up to?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I think you need to give a bit more detail ..... otherwise it's a bit difficult to decide if it's a load of old rubbish.
But do we really need any more detail? Whether or not there has been a disagreement I think we can all agree on one thing - if there HAS been one then the protagonists are the people who rescued this club from the knacker's yard, kept it going, came to its rescue and invested huge effort and cash in getting us to where we are now. In other words, Heroes of the Albion all.

If Together in the Premier League means anything it means we avert our eyes and hope that any spat is in the past. One Albion!

Jimmy Grimble

I also heard he had been banned but the details were pretty sketchy. Was hoping someone would pop up on here with some more details.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
My experience of DK is that he is happy to talk about anything to anyone who will listen. He’s a really nice guy but is now at an age where the filters start getting worn. Nonetheless he is an absolute Albion legend and there are few things he could do to tarnish his reputation as far as I’m concerned. However, he is one the few old guard left that have anything to do with the club these days -corporate togetherness has never really worked in my experience (it just lives in the heads of those who promote it).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Seen him queuing for the standard 1901 toilets a couple of times at HT so he definitely isn't in the Directors area - or at least doesn't like their loos.
He sits right at the far left of the directors' box a couple of rows back very near to Des Lyman. Tony Bloom and family are back row at the end of the row on the right apart from Darren Bloom who sits front row with his son.

They do seem to make a point of avoiding each other (TB and DK) but I've seen TB's mum have a friendly chat with DK when I've glanced over from my vantage point in WSU.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I bumped into Dick Knight at a service station I THINK on the way up to port vale when I THINK we clinched promotion or something or another, it was a long time ago. He was buying pastries I do remember that.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I bumped into Dick Knight at a service station I THINK on the way up to port vale when I THINK we clinched promotion or something or another, it was a long time ago. He was buying pastries I do remember that.

Ah, so now we know why he's been banned. Fancy buying PASTRIES, how crap is that? Obviously took a long time for the truth to come out but come out it will. Is this libellous BTW?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I was fortunate enough to be a guest of a member of the board in the directors lounge & box in our first season. One thing that stood out was that the Blooms and the ‘new board’ had a few tables at one side, with Martin Perry, Dick Knight, Des Lynham etc over the other side. I got the feeling that although Bloom got on with the old guard it was very much his baby now.

That said can’t see Dick Knight being banned unless something has gone on

el punal

Pastries hmm? I think he would have been in trouble if he had been seen holding a tart with both hands. :blush:

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
My experience of DK is that he is happy to talk about anything to anyone who will listen. He’s a really nice guy but is now at an age where the filters start getting worn. Nonetheless he is an absolute Albion legend and there are few things he could do to tarnish his reputation as far as I’m concerned. However, he is one the few old guard left that have anything to do with the club these days -corporate togetherness has never really worked in my experience (it just lives in the heads of those who promote it).

My personal experience (albeit as an 'outsider') is this, nobody could have done more or worked harder to get the finances for Falmer in place than he (and Perry). Obviously passionate about the club and tireless with their efforts, it can't be terribly rewarding to spend months going round with a begging bowl.... Without their efforts, I'm not sure where the stadium project would be.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Without their efforts, I'm not sure where the stadium project would be.

We know exactly where it would be with him.

Dons tin hat and runs for cover, fast.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I used to see Dick in a Pizza restaurant in hove with a succession of tearful ex Albion managers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here