Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Gov petition 209433

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Is this just more Brexit-y snowflake-y bollocks after they dared to vote against something Brexit-related?

Have fun with your petition, no online petition ever achieved anything ever.

Apart from ending the tax on tampons obviously .

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Apart from ending the tax on tampons obviously .

I was under the impression that was still going but supermarkets and others had taken steps to mitigate the cost to consumers?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If you want to look this petition up, don’t bother. Even if the intention was meant to be good it was one useless sentence. There was no constructive arguments weighing the pros and cons and didn’t offer an alternative solution, or long term strategy, instead seeking to simply demand ‘change’ likely part of some kneejerk response to something that some people didn’t like. It was a poor effort for a petition, but because it already reached 100,000 signatures, the government has to send a response. I can already predict that response will be ‘no’. What a complete waste of time.

What sort of idiot would vote to get rid of something without knowing what it's replacement was ? :angel:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Is this just more Brexit-y snowflake-y bollocks after they dared to vote against something Brexit-related?

Have fun with your petition, no online petition ever achieved anything ever.

Apart from the one to end charges for child funerals in England

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Apart from the one to end charges for child funerals in England

I believe this was part of a wider Daily Mirror / Labour party campaign. I'm referring to ones which came out of nothing else, such as the one the OP is talking about.

Apologies, should have been clearer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here