Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The train back to London...

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Easiest get away from the Amex in a long time! Not as many early leavers last night helped I guess. I left on the whistle and made the 22:02 (left about 06) up to London, tube around to the east and my c2c on. Was home about 00:45. Good times.
Very quiet train home indeed. The train down was a different story.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Yup not to far from Rayleigh , and no , lost at cards , on purpose , one of them looked like he would end me if i got anywhere a nap hand :lolol:

I'm in Leigh mate.

We should hook up for the trip down.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Some of the loudest away fans we've had at the Amex this season though.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Some of the loudest away fans we've had at the Amex this season though.

Loudest as in individual Big Mouths? Didnt think they were collectively loud from where I sit in WS.

I have an irrational dislike of spurs, partly due to the number of Albion STH who used to (?) follow spurs, and probably secretively still do. First result they look for

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was astounded by the number of them moaning in the train queue about how poor the service was. I had to ask a couple of them in the end if they’d ever been to an evening game at Wembley / White Hart Lane.

At least they admitted that was cr@p, too.

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
I was astounded by the number of them moaning in the train queue about how poor the service was. I had to ask a couple of them in the end if they’d ever been to an evening game at Wembley / White Hart Lane.
Or indeed Upton Park (RIP). To be fair, the train service (Southern, RIP) was particularly crap last night. I've never previously waited more than 20 minutes to get on a train. Last night, more like half an hour. No big deal though, especially after what felt very much like a win.

But why can't Southern (RIP) at least make regular Tannoy announcements/apologies about service arrivals and delays? Perhaps they're too embarrassed about having only three-car trains on hand when gates are topping 30K?

Course, we've only been at the Amex for seven years; travel logistics still bedding in, no doubt.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Easiest get away from the Amex in a long time! Not as many early leavers last night helped I guess. I left on the whistle and made the 22:02 (left about 06) up to London, tube around to the east and my c2c on. Was home about 00:45. Good times.
Very quiet train home indeed. The train down was a different story.
I made that one too, first time for a while, though it actually doesn't get to London much before the 22.26. Can't understand why the queues at Falmer were much better than usual.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Had all the "gay boy" (I think they call it) banter but shut them up after pointing out that I had been to more FA Cup finals where Spurs had played than they had.
"Does your boyfriend know you're here?"
"I've been to more FA Cup finals where Spurs had played than you have."

No wonder you shut them up, they must have been confused.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
I made that one too, first time for a while, though it actually doesn't get to London much before the 22.26. Can't understand why the queues at Falmer were much better than usual.

On the Spurs fan forums they are moaning that it took them an hour to get a train from Falmer, and that our transport is even worse than at The London Stadium. I reckon they either got lost or it's sour grapes bollox. From WSU staying to clap the players off I was back in Brighton inside 30 mins.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Loudest as in individual Big Mouths? Didnt think they were collectively loud from where I sit in WS.

I have an irrational dislike of spurs, partly due to the number of Albion STH who used to (?) follow spurs, and probably secretively still do. First result they look for

So exactly how many secret Spurs supporting Albion STHs do you know... one, two, or several hundred? (no lying)

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
So exactly how many secret Spurs supporting Albion STHs do you know... one, two, or several hundred? (no lying)

I reckon I've unmasked 20 in my days.

Based on....

Knowing them in Brighton for ****ing years and having them rip the piss out of me when I used the pump house and the park view.

I see them at Falmer these days looking like Brighton rock....but in truth...the're candy floss.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Won't be this season unfortunately barring a miracle my last game this season will be Burnley away , perhaps the playoff U23 game at the Amex if they beat Wolves , next season for sure :thumbsup:

You're on.

N17

Jun 21, 2011
On the Spurs fan forums they are moaning that it took them an hour to get a train from Falmer, and that our transport is even worse than at The London Stadium. I reckon they either got lost or it's sour grapes bollox. From WSU staying to clap the players off I was back in Brighton inside 30 mins.

Nothing to do with Sour grapes. I left on the final whistle and was on a train at 22.20.

I imagine it takes a bit longer to get from the away section to the station than it does for most of the home fans?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nothing to do with Sour grapes. I left on the final whistle and was on a train at 22.20.

I imagine it takes a bit longer to get from the away section to the station than it does for most of the home fans?

We could see you sneaking out...

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yep the boy line acre, Holly Willaboobies and Lee Dixon have all been spotted in the Sainsbury’s Local buying a daily pint of milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My bruv has been out drinking with Stubbsie and Dixon in a pub nr Barnes pond.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here