Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shame on World Athletics Authorities

Yoda

English & European
The first time might have been due to naivety, but then, knowing how the system works, to be stupid enough to cheat, shows what his character mist be like.

Yes. He should have, but then so should every other seasoned professional athlete that has been caught doping. eg: Tyson Gay, Asafa Powell, Dwain Chambers......(need I go on?)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes. He should have, but then so should every other seasoned professional athlete that has been caught doping. eg: Tyson Gay, Asafa Powell, Dwain Chambers......(need I go on?)

No, you don't. Anyone caught cheating a second time, should be banned for life. It's a bit like liars. Once you've caught them out in a lie, you can never trust them again.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If you had mistakenly taken a banned substance and been caught, surely you wouldn't take another one on purpose, would you?
I felt quite proud when the crowd was booing him, it should happen every time he, or other proven cheats compete, until the IAAF,ban for life.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

The only way to stop it, is lifetime bans for proven cheats, and sanctions against their countries (i.e. Russia, at the moment)

Yoda

English & European
If you had mistakenly taken a banned substance and been caught, surely you wouldn't take another one on purpose, would you?
I felt quite proud when the crowd was booing him, it should happen every time he, or other proven cheats compete, until the IAAF,ban for life.

Why the **** weren't they booing Yohan Blake then?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why the **** weren't they booing Yohan Blake then?

They should have been, but, his case is a bit different, as he was only banned by Jamaican athletics, as there was some argument about the make up of the substance he took, ( I think, it's a bit late, and , if Old Speckled Hen is a banned substance, id probably be in for a lifetime ban myself,tonigjt)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
They should have been, but, his case is a bit different, as he was only banned by Jamaican athletics, as there was some argument about the make up of the substance he took, ( I think, it's a bit late, and , if Old Speckled Hen is a banned substance, id probably be in for a lifetime ban myself,tonigjt)

If an Old Speckled Hen was in the 100 metres tonight, I think it would've won!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Was it just me, that thought the bbc commentators / presenters were shaming the crowd for booing Gaitlin, while at same time calling for athletics to clean up the sport..?

imho, Bolt shoulda retired after Rio Olympics- nothing left to prove.

It's great that the crowd were doing the right thing as the sport's leaders don't have the balls. Would love it if everyone turned their backs on him as he gets the medal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hey [MENTION=4675]Frutos[/MENTION], inspired by our discussion this morning, throughout the day on Netflix I've watched:-

MV5BMTExMDc5NjQyMjJeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDEzMzkyODIy._V1_UY1200_CR90,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

If you can watch it, do so, without studying the form.
Suffices to say, like the very best of documentaries it doesn't go in the direction it was intended.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
If you were a professional athlete, wouldn't you check each and every medication you took, before you took it? Be it for ADHD, a bad back or a headache?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If you were a professional athlete, wouldn't you check each and every medication you took, before you took it? Be it for ADHD, a bad back or a headache?
That depends on which sport!

They don't have to check every medication, they just have to take the ones they're allowed.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
That depends on which sport!

They don't have to check every medication, they just have to take the ones they're allowed.

I'm no expert, but I guess medicines have more than one ingredient. If you were seriously trying to avoid illegal substances, you would check everything.

The only excuse an athlete could have, IMO, is that their food/drink was laced. Even then, you could take reasonable steps to avoid this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here