Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Brazil v Switzerland

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
If history is to go by we up **** the first game recover get through to the knockout stage and lose on penalties satisfied?

more recently we **** up all 3 and fly home

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My feeling is that it was a goal. I think pushing is only an issue if it uses excessive force (or whatever the wording is) , and that didn’t look excessive.

This.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why are both teams fielding female celebs, such as Miranda, Cher, Shakira, Pauline, Rosa. They are missing Renee but do have Renato, there's even Zuba, the Taxi company.
Women and kitchen fitters.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
[video]https://www.clippituser.tv/c/dggmmb[/video]

Power more than curl

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Clattenburg keeps on going on about letting refs have another look. That's not what VAR is there for - it's for clear and obvious errors. Was that a foul? I think probably yes, but I don't think it's clearly and obviously yes. Unless it's a howler of a decision, play on.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
No it wasn't. Football is a contact sport.

Going for a header in the six yard box and the attacker was behind the CB. Said attacker pushed the CB in the back to to ensure he got to the ball first. Contact suggests that it’s a fair tussle. If someone comes up and pushes you in the back in the street, do you think that’s fair?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Going for a header in the six yard box and the attacker was behind the CB. Said attacker pushed the CB in the back to to ensure he got to the ball first. Contact suggests that it’s a fair tussle. If someone comes up and pushes you in the back in the street, do you think that’s fair?

CB in no mans land. If the hand of reassurance hadn’t been placed on his back he still wouldn’t have got near it. All the attacker did was comfort the CB for he was lost.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I think the rules say it’s only a foul if it’s excessive. So the question is whether he used excessive or not. It didn’t look excessive to me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Did anyone else notice Mel Gibson on the bench?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given the tussles, shirt pulling and wrestling that goes on in the box in the Premier League, without a penalty being given 90% of the time that shove was minimal. I have seen much more obvious contact than the Ronaldo penalty too.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I think the rules say it’s only a foul if it’s excessive. So the question is whether he used excessive or not. It didn’t look excessive to me.

No, the laws say it is a foul if a player pushes an opponent carelessly (just a free kick); recklessly (free kick and yellow card); or with excessive force (free kick and red card). To me that was a careless push and therefore a foul.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, the laws say it is a foul if a player pushes an opponent carelessly (just a free kick); recklessly (free kick and yellow card); or with excessive force (free kick and red card). To me that was a careless push and therefore a foul.

We will have to agree to disagree I think. I’d be pretty miffed if a game was stopped every time there was contact of a similar nature.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1008472105342722053[/tweet]

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Given the tussles, shirt pulling and wrestling that goes on in the box in the Premier League, without a penalty being given 90% of the time that shove was minimal. I have seen much more obvious contact than the Ronaldo penalty too.

Absolutely this, much worse goes unpunished in the penalty box, never a foul in my book.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here