Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Raheem Sterling has an AK 47 tattoo on his thigh. Should he play for England?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes they most certainly do, just like everything else. My father-in-law had one on his arm from when he was in the war. He was so embarrassed by it that he always wore long sleeve shirts.
So one person had a tattoo they later didn't like. There are millions of people who are happy with theirs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes, so my point stands, in response to the original quote.
I don't see how, unless I'm seriously missing the point, for which I apologise if I am.
[MENTION=29779]Whitechapel[/MENTION] was defending RS against accusations of being being shite, with his impressive league record.
You seemed to be backing up the shite claim because RS hasn't 'done it' internationally.
I'm saying that's not necessarily his fault because it's not like he plays international football with the likes of Kev dB, Aguero and for Pep.

So how does your point stand?

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Yes they most certainly do, just like everything else. My father-in-law had one on his arm from when he was in the war. He was so embarrassed by it that he always wore long sleeve shirts.

That's it really. No doubt has a brain the size of a pea. Stupid boy. First question for me is why he wants any kind of tattoo. Ruining his skin in order to follow all the other idiot lemmings who think it's attractive to cover yourself in drawings. I am truly looking forward to the day they go completely out of fashion and watch all the tattooed fools lining up to have them removed and ending up with permanently damaged skin.

I have a lot of tattoos and have had for over 25 years.

If they are in or out of fashion makes no odds to me so I'm afraid this special day you're looking forward to isn't going to happen.

As for Sterling. He's a good footballer and should definitely be in the World Cup squad.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I don't see how, unless I'm seriously missing the point, for which I apologise if I am.
[MENTION=29779]Whitechapel[/MENTION] was defending RS against accusations of being being shite, with his impressive league record.
You seemed to be backing up the shite claim because RS hasn't 'done it' internationally.
I'm saying that's not necessarily his fault because it's not like he plays international football with the likes of Kev dB, Aguero and for Pep.

So how does your point stand?

I didn’t say he was shite in the league, just yet to prove himself at international level.

Picking big up your last point, most average of players would look good in the City team. Surely international football where the ‘cream’ of English and world talent exists is the ultimate test?

Which he has yet to pass or come close to passing (IMO).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. England select squad full of thick players without mentality to win major international tournaments.
2. Some of the thick players do some daft stuff.
3. Red tops knock player(s) down.
4. England under-achieve at tournament.

And repeat - every 2 years.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn’t say he was shite in the league, just yet to prove himself at international level.

Picking big up your last point, most average of players would look good in the City team. Surely international football where the ‘cream’ of English and world talent exists is the ultimate test?

Which he has yet to pass or come close to passing (IMO).
Sorry I'm really an struggling here.
You have now twice dismissed his league record because he is yet to prove himself at international level.
You have all but said he is shite internationally but saying I didn’t say he was shite in the league.

Yet you seem to feel your point stands, I don't see how unless RS has an identical twin who he sends out to international games while he puts his feet up.

All the while it's a team game.
Bale all but won the Champions League and has the summer off, does that mean he has failed the ultimate test?

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
So one person had a tattoo they later didn't like. There are millions of people who are happy with theirs.

He was one of many. The millions who are "happy" with theirs now won't be when they go out of fashion and/or their skin goes wrinkly.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He was one of many. The millions who are "happy" with theirs now won't be when they go out of fashion and/or their skin goes wrinkly.

My Dad happily wored short sleeved shirts with his tattoo on his forearm. You cannot speak for millions.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Says who? When was it they were supposedly in fashion? And people don't like their skin going wrinkly, regardless of whether there's a tattoo on them. You're so narrow minded. And, of course, a tw@.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I think Kane and Sterling are different types of players that deserve different considerations.

My own view is Kane is an 'end of play' player, if he is in form he might head in your cross, score from a loose ball in the box and although he is quick he isnt fast so unlikely to run down an international defender like Owen did against Argentina in 98', so even accepting the necessity of having an inform Kane even if he is bang on form I dont think its enough to necessarily win us games that otherwise we wouldn't, that's usually down to the little magicians, those high maintenance, regularly inconsistent (even over a 90 minute game) players that are rarely tolerated by the English public, Sterling being a prime example.

Whatever we may think of Sterling, Rashford or Lingard, if any two of the three could find some real form then it will offer England an added chance alongside the usual competent but less influential (in tournament terms) displays from a Henderson, Dier or even Kane.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Sorry I'm really an struggling here.
You have now twice dismissed his league record because he is yet to prove himself at international level.
You have all but said he is shite internationally but saying I didn’t say he was shite in the league.

Yet you seem to feel your point stands, I don't see how unless RS has an identical twin who he sends out to international games while he puts his feet up.

All the while it's a team game.
Bale all but won the Champions League and has the summer off, does that mean he has failed the ultimate test?

Last I looked Bale carried his country to the Euro’s. So he’s proven he can do it at a higher level.

Was John Barnes (good player for his club), good for England?

Sterling at this moment is in the same category.

Frankly if you can’t acknowledge that there is a difference between club and international football then this discussion is pointless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My own view is Kane is an 'end of play' player, if he is in form he might head in your cross, score from a loose ball in the box and although he is quick he isnt fast so unlikely to run down an international defender like Owen did against Argentina in 98', so even accepting the necessity of having an inform Kane even if he is bang on form I dont think its enough to necessarily win us games that otherwise we wouldn't
Have you seen how many goals he scores? Goals that others don't score. Goals that win games.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last I looked Bale carried his country to the Euro’s. So he’s proven he can do it at a higher level.

Was John Barnes (good player for his club), good for England?

Sterling at this moment is in the same category.

Frankly if you can’t acknowledge that there is a difference between club and international football then this discussion is pointless.
That's where I am getting confused, again I apologise if I'm just being stooopid.

You seem to be claiming both sides agree with you.

Either he's shite, or he isn't?

Goldstone feels he is shite.
Whitechapel and myself say he isn't shite.

You seem to be saying both and that 'your point stands'. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here