Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Knockaert moving ....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have to admit I find it difficult to like Knocky as a person. He does seem a petulant idiot at times. When things are going his way he’s fine...the minute they’re not he starts to throw his toys out of his pram. Or acts like he did in this car incident.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
They are a good club yes and I admire how they got themselves promoted.

I have to be cynical again though regarding their ST prices, it's all about supply and demand. Obviously they are going with the angle of 'reducing ticket prices for the fans because they are being ripped off blabla' when in reality they just wanted to fill their stadium in the PL. A proper sign of solidarity to fans would be to reduce ticket prices on that basis alone and for no other reason, I would love for us to do that. They gained around 10-12k fans after promotion, which seems to be the going average for any promoted side with room to spare - which makes the jibes from fans of other clubs against us "gaining a load of fans" paradoxical to say the least.

The £100 ST offer wasn’t open to new fans. You needed to have had you ST for the previous NINE seasons to qualify.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Tailgating does mean that, and whether you are driving too close to the person in front of you is dependent on your ability to stop without crashing into them should they suddenly stop, and so it also involves speed.
You were saying how tailgating is dangerous, especially at higher speeds. No one has said he was tailgating at higher speeds. And whether he was too close or not isn't a fact, it's open to interpretation.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For what exactly? You're another angel who's never broken the speed limit are you?

This is a ludicrous argument. Whatever someone else is, or isn’t, does not mitigate you in any way.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
This is a ludicrous argument. Whatever someone else is, or isn’t, does not mitigate you in any way.
Mitigate me for what? Given that you're saying I'm a crap driver because I admit I've broken the speed limit before, of course it's relevant whether you ever have or not. Or are you saying you're a crap driver too?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have to admit I find it difficult to like Knocky as a person. He does seem a petulant idiot at times. When things are going his way he’s fine...the minute they’re not he starts to throw his toys out of his pram. Or acts like he did in this car incident.

Same here. Even when singing the AK song (not when started by AK) I find myself thinking “but I don’t really like him” but justify my singing by 1) it’s boosting the team, and 2) A good tune to belt out to

In recent weeks he’s shown what he can do on the pitch and is a joy to watch, but as usual there’s something bad just around the corner. If he doesn’t grow up fast we should listen to decent offers....£8m +

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
You were saying how tailgating is dangerous, especially at higher speeds. No one has said he was tailgating at higher speeds. And whether he was too close or not isn't a fact, it's open to interpretation.

:lol:

OK, so let me get this straight, AK, in a hurry, was driving way over the speed limit, but when he approached cars he very kindly waited for them to move out the way before overtaking. No undertaking, no tailgating, no siree, just very safe 110mph straight line driving. Gotcha :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Same here. Even when singing the AK song (not when started by AK) I find myself thinking “but I don’t really like him” but justify my singing by 1) it’s boosting the team, and 2) A good tune to belt out to

In recent weeks he’s shown what he can do on the pitch and is a joy to watch, but as usual there’s something bad just around the corner. If he doesn’t grow up fast we should listen to decent offers....£8m +

We kept LuaLua for 8 years who was in court many times for far worse offences.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
:lol:

OK, so let me get this straight, AK, in a hurry, was driving way over the speed limit, but when he approached cars he very kindly waited for them to move out the way before overtaking. No undertaking, no tailgating, no siree, just very safe 110mph straight line driving. Gotcha :thumbsup:

The police had enough evidence for driving without due care, or reckless driving? Why didn't they charge him with that?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know, I wasn't there. He hasn't been done for dangerous driving though, and hasn't been banned.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You sound like a total dog-shite driver.

He sounds like an honest driver.
I've driven at 100mph, on the M1 at 11pm with no other traffic around. I never got caught.
In fact, in 42 years of driving I've never had points on my licence. I once had a parking ticket in Hove.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here