Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Matej Vydra

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Vydra an upgrade on Baldock, I think Derby have got a decent player there.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Of all the resurrected threads of strikers from the past this is the one I’d STILL be happy for us to sign, if we give up on paying the going rate for top strikers, which I think we probably will.

Certainly better than nobody?

I hear we're in for Chris Holroyd and Fran Sandaza

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So just throwing this out there but a friend of mine lives up near Derby (not a Derby fan though) and knows one of Vydras representatives... Apparently if Derby don't get promoted a deal will be done for £15m for Vydra to a Premier League team..

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So just throwing this out there but a friend of mine lives up near Derby (not a Derby fan though) and knows one of Vydras representatives... Apparently if Derby don't get promoted a deal will be done for £15m for Vydra to a Premier League team..

Cardiff

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Watford.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Maybe, it won't be us though. Our scouts will be flying on Easyjet to watch prospective new signings, not travelling on British Rail.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy

Vydra is comfortably good enough to play in the PL - £15m would be marvellous, thank you! Seriously, he's an enigma, scored 20+ this season without completing 90 mins that often but while held in reasonably high regard, probably not as much as his stats would suggest. Needs a team built around him to play in a number 10 role, maybe you could describe him as a luxury player.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wolves instead of Benik Afobe?

Wolves will be setting their sights a fair bit higher than Afobe and Vydra :lolol: They're loaded and have the dodgy Mendes pulling the strings for them.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
So just throwing this out there but a friend of mine lives up near Derby (not a Derby fan though) and knows one of Vydras representatives... Apparently if Derby don't get promoted a deal will be done for £15m for Vydra to a clueless Premier League team with far, far more money than sense..

Probably palace then.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Vydra is comfortably good enough to play in the PL - £15m would be marvellous, thank you! Seriously, he's an enigma, scored 20+ this season without completing 90 mins that often but while held in reasonably high regard, probably not as much as his stats would suggest. Needs a team built around him to play in a number 10 role, maybe you could describe him as a luxury player.

Interested in your view Mikey, who would you pick first in a PL team, Vydra or Gross?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Would rather sign Salomon Rondon

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Interested in your view Mikey, who would you pick first in a PL team, Vydra or Gross?

Sorry for the arse splintering answer but they're different players - Gross will never score as many goals as Vydra, but will create more. All depends on how you're going to play I guess.

Worth a punt?

He was easily Reading's best player when we last played, and I think would score goals for fun at this level in the right team.

Play him up alongside Hemed and that's a excellent strike partnership, and then put Baldock in reserve.

Reading had a clause in their loan to buy him for 10 million if they went up, although Watford don't need him any more, so the price might drop. If we get 10 million for Dunk, I don't see why forking out 7-ish million (...I know) won't be a good investment.

I would be worried he wasn’t quite the same player after that bad injury - he was superb in that Zola season for Watford but has he hit those heights again?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here